What's new

Delivery scheduled for tomorrow!

Nucat

Reaction score
Hello, all! Like many, I've been waiting a long time for the VZW iphone. In fact, I've been rocking the old Blackberry Pearl from Alltel for about two years, passing on other bb, droid and AT&T offerings in the meantime. I probably would have waited a little longer to see what the next gen iphone and VZW 4g phones will be like, but the bb is just about toast. Besides, I locked in my all-you-can-eat data with my old plan (same $89 as Verizon, but with a few additional messaging/voice perks). Who knows what charges they'll add for the 4g phones...

I ordered a 32gig on Verizon's website on 2/15. My order status was "shipped" per Verizon yesterday, and I received a Fedex tracking notification of overnight shipping today. Expected delivery is tomorrow by 3pm.

Ok, now to the issues at hand. I've searched around the forum already, but these are the things I'm still debating on:

1) Protection. I'd like slim case with full wrap protection. I don't really care for the apple cutout, but a smoke/see through case would be ok. Otterbox honestly looks to big for me. Any suggestions for sites to buy other than apple or VZW? I want one that fits the VZW version without modification or sacrificing the mute button.

2) Insurance. I'm thinking Worth Ave +/- Apple care. Have people had positive/negative experiences with either when making claims?

3) Jailbreaking. I'm not computer illiterate, but I'm not a programer either. Is this something the average Joe can do without screwing up the phone? Does it sacrifice operating performance at all to get access to the 3rd party apps?

4) Looking forward to sharing knowledge and experience here. Thanks for reading!