Buying the Apple TV?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • No.

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Undecided..

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
I have two, and love them... We have a nice shiny stainless steel refrigerator and my wife couldn't attach family pictures to it (non-magnetic..!) so we got a small 21" led-tv for our kitchen counter, and it plays through our family photo albums from my Mac computer upstairs... and we re-live our getaway albums over and over again... Then I added one to the TV in the family room where we play our videos from the computer as well as the normal Netflix and so on.... They work great and we don't hardly "Print" any of our pictures any more, just watch them scroll by...!!!

I have an xbox 360 but need HD cable in order to stream via Hulu & Netflix.. considering Apple TV instead because it's a cooler interface and apple is always the way to go right? What is everyones thoughts on apple tv? Worth the $99? or should i stick with my xbox and just buy the cable?

I have it. I don't have a blueray player, or DVD player. I've been buying/renting all of my movies on iTunes. I use to just plug my iPhone 4 into the TV with cables. With my iPhone 5 I couldn't do that so I broke down and got AppleTV. With iTunes and Netflix I'm enjoying it, but if I wasn't so invested with iTunes I would have gone a different route.

The picture quality with HD is really impressive though.

I have it, I love it. I play my iPod, Netflix, YouTube, and now we can view amazon movies on it.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD

I bought my Apple TV last year and luv it. I even cut the cable and saved $85.00 a month by ditching Dish. Since you can play all your iTunes stuff (and I bought season passes to my favorite shows; much, much cheaper than satellite) I download my favorite shows as Apple sends me an email. I have Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, You Tube and free air stations with the leaf ultimate antenna. I really like Apple TV and can view all my photos and videos on big screen TV.

$99. well spent IMHO.

ZoomButt.gif

I just bought a Roku 2XS and I think it offers basically what Apple TV offers for half the price. I'm happy with the Roku.

I own a SlingBox and SlingBox apps for iPad and iPhone. It's super easy to AirPlay the SlingBox video from the small screen to the AppleTV. Works like a champ.

I have one but only use it for Netflix and radio.
I use a WDTV Live for movies since the Apple TV doesn't have HD audio and can't play .mkv or .iso's.