What's new

White screen on 3GS

mdholm

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Yesterday my daughter dropped her 3GS phone; since then it has just had a bright white screen. Any thoughts? Is it dead?

Fortunately, its an ATT phone and we just moved the sim card from the iPhone to her back up phone (a Pantech Pursuit). She'd rather have the iPhone, though, obviously.

Its out of warranty and we don't have Apple Care on that device. They've already replaced her phone twice as a courtesy (they are good that way...another reason I'm an iPhone fan) but I don't want to press my luck.

I dropped mine once and the screen was white....I panicked but one the battery ran out I plugged it back in and tried turning it on after about 20 minutes and it worked!! I did have a screen protector and case at the time so that may have also affected it. If that doesn't work, take it to an apple store, even without warranty the employes are very friendly and helpful and should be able to offer some good advice. Good luck!

Apple employees ARE very helpful, they've bailed me out of more than one phone failure. I ended up using my upgrade to get a 4S and passing my 4 on to my daughter. If/when the "5" is released I'll use her upgrade to get that and pass on the 4S to her.

I might still take the 3GS to the Apple store to see if it can be fixed. It's not at all convenient for me to go there, so who knows when that will happen.