Votes: 19 82.6%
  • White

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Black

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • White

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
went with black...I would think the white one would get dirty. Plus, every cell phone I have owned for the last 20 years have been black.

i'd like to see a brown one. hey, i'm a zune guy. i have an original run 30gb that i use religiously..

I'm not too sure about brown iphones but I really liked that original Zune's frosty finish. That's something I'd love to see on iphones.

My last two have been white and I think they show scratches less than black. But I think the glass is really going to help with the back scratching issues....

Was going for White but.....black really looks sharp on the iPhone4. I would have waited but heck its gonna be "later this summer" b4 some get the black ones!

When I first saw the leaked photos of the white iphones, I almost had a heart attack and swore to get the white ones but seeing more and more leaked photos and promo shots made me realize that the white color sort of diffuses the silhouettes of the new iphone and makes it look more round-y(?). On the other hand, the black ones, as you put it, look very sharp and edgy at any angle you look at it. (360 view from Apple website)

I'm happy to see Apple going back to their tradition and reintroduce white color in their line up but for this particular design I think black suits better than the white. Of course I don't know how exactly I'd feel once I see the real unit on my hand but I don't think I'll regret getting the black. The only thing that worries me is the finger prints but hopefully it's easily wipe-able.

My last two have been white and I think they show scratches less than black. But I think the glass is really going to help with the back scratching issues....

As you probably can tell from the thread, I thought hard about the choices (it's silly I know) and that was my strongest point in going with the white color as I know from experience that the blacks are more prone to show scratches whereas the scratches on the white are barely visible. I do hope that the new glass help on that front too.

Was going for White but.....black really looks sharp on the iPhone4. I would have waited but heck its gonna be "later this summer" b4 some get the black ones!

When I first saw the leaked photos of the white iphones, I almost had a heart attack and swore to get the white ones but seeing more and more leaked photos and promo shots made me realize that the white color sort of diffuses the silhouettes of the new iphone and makes it look more round-y(?). On the other hand, the black ones, as you put it, look very sharp and edgy at any angle you look at it. (360 view from Apple website)

I'm happy to see Apple going back to their tradition and reintroduce white color in their line up but for this particular design I think black suits better than the white. Of course I don't know how exactly I'd feel once I see the real unit on my hand but I don't think I'll regret getting the black. The only thing that worries me is the finger prints but hopefully it's easily wipe-able.

Do you have a 3GS? I have been really impressed with the coating on it. It still gets prints but they are easily wiped off.. I found on my 3G they would build up untill I had to get a damp cloth to clean it. Its funny I was using suits as an example too....white is hott same as a white suit but you cant wear it to everything like a black one :)

i did not get the 3gs as it had the same design as my 3g but the speed was impressive i used it at the store for a while compared it to my 3g

I went with black just like my IPhone 3 my son has the white one.
I still was going and did pre ord the black one, my son wanted the
white one but was not going to wait.
I see one person here opted to wait. I'm very impressed.
Now with all the delays the ones that want the white may get
them before the black ones. LOL

i hope he does not have to wait too long for it, if you really want it why settle for less ? and even people who want black are havign a hard time and will be waiting until july to get it

I wanted white, but not bad enough to wait, without knowing how long the wait would be. Ordered two 32gig black.

Right now it's like Henry Ford said about the Model T you can have any color you want as long as it's Black. Seriously I too would have liked a white one but lack the patience to wait for one.

lol yeah, maybe you can swap for a white when they are available with some one or even apple?

Do you have a 3GS? I have been really impressed with the coating on it. It still gets prints but they are easily wiped off.. I found on my 3G they would build up untill I had to get a damp cloth to clean it. Its funny I was using suits as an example too....white is hott same as a white suit but you cant wear it to everything like a black one :)

Actually I have the 3G as well. I bought my sister a 3GS but I personally never played with it so I don't know how good they are in terms of resisting finger prints. I really hope the new iphone is significantly better than the 3G because looking at my iphone after finishing a conversation is just nasty.

So the wait time seems to be the biggest issue to most people but it's interesting to think what would've happened if the scenario was just the opposite of what's happening now; white is the only option for the time being and the black is being offered at a later date. I'm leaning towards a lot of people waiting for the black instead of jumping with the white.