What's new

Where in Settings does it show 32 vs 64 bit apps?

Would we want to get it early? The WWDC report said iOS 11 has several bugs.
It does, that’s why it’s not recommended that you install it on your primary device or one containing data you can’t afford to lose.

I thought that 32 bit info showed in iOS 10.3. It did on my iPhone 5 before the battery finally died. LOL Or is it something new and different?
That info does show in iOS 10.3 but there it’s just a warning and the 32 bit apps still work. The difference is that in iOS 11 none of the 32 bit apps on your device still work.

Note one of the non-64 bit apps, Google Earth

IMG_1496879198.398913.jpg

Yeah. It hadn't been updated in a long time, so I deleted it a while back.
In the past, Google has removed features from the iOS version of their browser and made the features Android only, such as Google Goggles.

Now you know why Steve dumped Google Maps for an in house app

When I checked my iPhone for 32 bit apps I found 114 that won't work with iOS 11. Of those about 2/3 are no longer in the App Store so there is no chance they will be updated. The remaining 1/3 are still on the App Store so there is at least some possibility they will be updated to 64 bit.
Some of the 32 bit apps are ones I use every day and will certainly miss them. The ones I won't miss that much I have already started deleting from my iPhone. The rest I have put in a folder so I will remain aware they will need updating to keep working and to make sure any apps with important data are backed up before the apps stop working.

Some of the 32 bit apps have newer 64 bit counterparts but not through a normal update. They made it a new app to charge for a second time. You will see them as App xxxx 2.
I especially don't like the new versions that now have monthly subscriptions instead of a flat fee. You take an app that started out costing $1.99 or 2.99 and now they want $4.99 a month. It's a bit excessive to say the least. So far, every app that changed to subscription I deleted and went for something else.