What's new

Where in Settings does it show 32 vs 64 bit apps?

APX7000

Reaction score
On iOS 10.3.0 / iPhone 7+. The other day I went to play my favorite game Peggle, which I play almost every day. Started the game, and an error message that's never popped up before on 10.3.0 which read something like "this app needs to be updated, as it will stop working on the next iOS Update". Clicked on details, and it went to a screen showing about 25 apps that are still 32 bit apps and stating the developers need to update their app.

Where in the settings menu is this screen that show these 32 bit apps? I, for the life of me, can not find this list again of the 32 bit apps anywhere in settings? Looked in the App Store also for this info and nothing. Has anyone else seen this?

Awesome!! Thanks so much! Sometimes things like this are in the last place you'd think of looking.....

Now the million dollar question, do I update to the latest iOS and loose my all time favorite game. Decisions decisions......

I've noticed that if you're on a device that's running the latest version of iOS 10 but will likely not get the update to iOS 11, the applications sections in Settings>About does not show the arrow where you tap to show the number of 32 bit only apps on your device. The screenshot is from my iPad 4.
IMG_3393.JPG

Last edited:
FYI, Apple is going to block apps that don't work with newer iOS. This is their way to put pressure on the developers to make their apps compatible. If developers don't comply, bye-bye. Users can add pressure by providing feedback.

FYI, Apple is going to block apps that don't work with newer iOS. This is their way to put pressure on the developers to make their apps compatible. If developers don't comply, bye-bye. Users can add pressure by providing feedback.
They're also going to remove the 32 bit apps from the App Store.

Well maybe if enough users of a particular app write to manufacturers they can update it, at a price

A lot of the apps in the App Store that have not been updated for quite some time could very well have been abandoned by their developers. Those developers may have moved on to other things and have no intention of updating their older apps. Contacting the developer of one of those apps won't do any harm but will likely get no response.

I’ve been playing around with my iPad Pro which was just upgraded to iOS 11 and I discovered that that any 32 bit apps still on your device will not be deleted during the update, they will just not work.

I’ve been playing around with my iPad Pro which was just upgraded to iOS 11 and I discovered that that any 32 bit apps still on your device will not be deleted during the update, they will just not work.

I'll have to check my iPad Pro when I get home. I don't think I got a notification about iOS 11 yet, but usually checking will trigger it.

Would we want to get it early? The WWDC report said iOS 11 has several bugs.

You'll have to download the new configuration profile before the update will appear in Settings.

I thought that 32 bit info showed in iOS 10.3. It did on my iPhone 5 before the battery finally died. LOL Or is it something new and different?