What's new

When was this feature added?

Do you have to do anything in particular to get that?

My screen rotates to landscape but I don't get the side by side view.

Do you have to do anything in particular to get that?
I've solved the problem.:)

Go to: Settings>Display & Brightness>Display Zoom>View and make sure that the Zoomed button is not blue. If it is, tap the Standard button, then the Set button at the top right. Confirm your choice by tapping Use Standard in the pop up that appears. The screen will black out for a while, when the screen lights up, tap the home button, then open either the mail or messages apps and see if you get the two-up view.

I went to settings as you described, I already had it on Standard but I tapped the Zoomed and then tapped Standard, No popup appeared and the screen didn't change, Also the Set at top right is greyed out.

Mine is iphone 6 not plus.....Does that make a difference?

Just tried it again and was able to set the Standard as you described but still no side by side feature.

Do you know anyone with an iPhone 6 that could test it out for you? My local cell phone store closed half an hour ago or I'd go there and check it out myself.
No one I can think of but when I'm next in town I'll call at one of the phone shops, Unless we figure out what's wrong before then, It's puzzling, I've googled it and seen it on the plus model.

Do you know anyone with an iPhone 6 that could test it out for you? My local cell phone store closed half an hour ago or I'd go there and check it out myself.
Just had a thought.....I wonder if this is something not available in the UK? Some features are only available in certain countries.

That is similar to what I see on the iPads (side-by-side view), but I don't think the iPhone 6 can do that, at least mine can't. The 6 Plus also has landscape mode for the home screen, while the 6 does not have a similar mode.
So iphone 6 doesn't do the side by side views in mail or imessage?

I've done some more reading and it appears as if these features for mail and messages are only availible on the iPhone 6 Plus.