What's new

When was this feature added?

ardchoille

Reaction score
From the "I'm still learning" department..

On your iPhone, open the Calendar app to month view. Now, rotate your phone to landscape orientation. I had no idea the iPhone did that! Here I was thinking that I had somewhat mastered my iPhone 6.. and I'm still learning new stuff :)

I don't often use my iPhones in landscape orientation, but this was a nice find.

You also have something similar in mail, where you get a two-up view of your inbox and the message you're currently viewing side by side when you rotate the 6 or 6 Plus to landscape orientation.

BTW, these new features were added in iOS 8.0.

You also have something similar in mail, where you get a two-up view of your inbox and the message you're currently viewing side by side when you rotate the 6 or 6 Plus to landscape orientation.
Oh, nice! Thank you :)

I guess the larger screens offer a way to implement more features.

In case you haven't already noticed, Messages in landscape mode works just like mail in landscape mode on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

BTW, these new features were added in iOS 8.0.
I don't get this feature, just had a look.

Here are Mail and Messages in landscape mode on my iPhone 6 Plus.
image.jpg
image.jpg