What's new

Whatsapp not sending push notifications???

iniesta

Reaction score
Hi,

Over the past few days, I've noticed my Whatsapp isn't sending me any push notifications. So I don't know that I've got a new Whatsapp message unless I check the app - which can be very troublesome.

I have not changed my Whatsapp settings over the past few days. The problem just suddenly started occurring - I suspected something was amiss when i suddenly didn't appear to be receiving whatsapp messages - when i opened up the app, I discovered that they were still coming to my phone; just that Whatsapp wasn't notifying me of these.

In case you're wondering, yes my Push notifications on Whatsapp have been enabled all along and were never disabled in the first place.

What could be the issue here, please?

Could it have anything to do with the Cydia tweak "Quick Reply for Whatsapp"? I updated a few Cydia tweaks a few days ago, but I don't recall this tweak as having been one of them though.

Do you think it'll help if I deleted Whatsapp (losing all of my existing messages in the process) and re-installing the app?

Your comments, please?

My iPhone 4 is on IOS 5.1.1, but i'm not willing to upgrade to IOS 6 just yet though.

It's a problem with jailbroken idevices. WhatsApp and Facebook have had a problem with jailbroken devices with their latest update a few days ago. My Facebook keeps crashing after updating it, and now that I know WhatsApp is the same, I'm not updating

willerz2 said:
It's a problem with jailbroken idevices. WhatsApp and Facebook have had a problem with jailbroken devices with their latest update a few days ago. My Facebook keeps crashing after updating it, and now that I know WhatsApp is the same, I'm not updating

So that means nothing i try to do would repair the push notification issue? Unless whatsapp themselves comes up with update?

Though i don't seem to have any problems with Facebook since the update...

By the way, could i ask whether there is there a way to legally downgrade to the previous version of whatsapp? The one just before the upgrade a few days ago....

as far as i know there is a problem with Whatsup status. they are trying to fix this problem. it might cause push notifications problems as well.

Meshaal said:
as far as i know there is a problem with Whatsup status. they are trying to fix this problem. it might cause push notifications problems as well.

Just saw an update for my whatsapp (v. 2.8.7) in the App Store.

Before i push the update button this time, just wanna check if anyone has updated whatsapp already and is facing any problems now. Thanks guys.

Update: for my previous issue though, it seemed to have strangely been fixed up when my phone ran out of battery and i recharged it.

Last edited: