What's new

What Would You Sacrifice for a Cheaper iPhone w/ a Larger Screen?

What Would You Sacrifice....?

• Slower CPU?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smaller On-Board Storage/Memory?

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Less RAM?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lower Resolution Camera?

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Non-Retina Display?

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No NFC?... if applicable

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Other?... please list

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
Enlight of recent rumors of Apple offering a cheaper iPhone this year w/ a Larger screen... what would you be willing to give up in terms of iPhone specs to get it cheaper and bigger? Choose as many of the options you'd be willing to sacrifice in the poll above as you'd like.

Last edited:
This is a hard one for me, since this is my first Apple phone. I love everything about it, however, I think the retina display would be the least thing I would need if I wanted one at a lower price.

I'm not willing to sacrifice anything. So :p

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

Seriously though... who even uses that app? I can honestly say I've never used it for it's intended purpose.
i bet no one does,i mean how many of us trek through the jungle or tramp across the dessert lol.

I don't mind sacrificing the whole front camera and getting it replaced by a mirror on the front camera so you could make it function as an 8MP frontcamera & back, a mirror which would make the camera turn and zoom the other way would be cool. Or one of those Front facing camera attachments you could get for the iPhone 3GS but unviewable and being stored inside the phone! It would cut the price plus it would be an 8MP Front & Back Camera. I think a reasonable price for the 16GB version should be about £250-300. 32GB £350-400 and 64GB £450-500 and ofcourse if there is going to be a 128GB I'd value it at £650-700.

Many Thanks,
Software

''Enjoy your time on Earth, have a nice team with your family, because family is the most priced possesion you could ever get it is too expensive to be replaced and not even the richest man on Earth could afford it, nothing can afford a human beings' life as life has a limit to it, so love your family spend time with them and have a great time with them''-Software

well if you don't mind not using an apple device their are plenty of other smart phones with bigger screens that are about the same price if not cheaper than the iphone. and you don't have to sacrifice nothing. in fact you gain more that what you currently do have now in the iphone5. so it's a no brainer for me. if i was looking for a device with a bigger screen. i won't be an iphone.

well if you don't mind not using an apple device their are plenty of other smart phones with bigger screens that are about the same price if not cheaper than the iphone. and you don't have to sacrifice nothing. in fact you gain more that what you currently do have now in the iphone5. so it's a no brainer for me. if i was looking for a device with a bigger screen. i won't be an iphone.

Thank you for the information packed response. Makes me want to throw away my iPhone 5, run to the store & buy a SG Note 2..... hahahahaha!!

I would have to say that I would gladly give up the apps that you can't delete, aka stocks, voice memos, compass etc..

I'm not sure I would buy a cheaper made iPhone. I love the high end feel and quality materials it is made of and am willing to pay a bit more for it. Like buying a higher end car or a Ducati, I would regret not getting a better built product if I use it all the time and will be living with it for at least 2 years.