What's new

New iPhone 5S Rumors Say it Will Have Bigger Screen and New Design

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
8272-iphone-5-white.JPG

If recent rumours are to be believed, we could be just five months or so away from the launch of the next iPhone, and now that we’ve entered 2013, you can expect the number of iPhone 5S/iPhone 6 rumours to grow as the weeks pass. It is no surprise, therefore, that DigiTimes has come up with some brand new iPhone 5S gossip, according to BGR, who says that DigiTime’s sources have said that Apple intends to release a cheaper version of the iPhone specifically aimed at China and other emerging markets in the second half of this year. This low-cost phone will have a “brand new exterior design” and a bigger display, which is the second time in just a few days that we have heard talk that Apple is looking to join in the current trend for five-inch smartphone screens. DigiTimes also says that Apple is set to finally link up with China Mobile to launch this new, cheaper version of the iPhone. As usual, take all this with a pinch of salt, it’s early days!

[FONT=&quot]Source: iPhone 5S release date, specs: 2H 2013 launch, larger display | BGR[/FONT]

Maura said:
If recent rumours are to be believed, we could be just five months or so away from the launch of the next iPhone, and now that we’ve entered 2013, you can expect the number of iPhone 5S/iPhone 6 rumours to grow as the weeks pass. It is no surprise, therefore, that DigiTimes has come up with some brand new iPhone 5S gossip, according to BGR, who says that DigiTime’s sources have said that Apple intends to release a cheaper version of the iPhone specifically aimed at China and other emerging markets in the second half of this year. This low-cost phone will have a “brand new exterior design” and a bigger display, which is the second time in just a few days that we have heard talk that Apple is looking to join in the current trend for five-inch smartphone screens. DigiTimes also says that Apple is set to finally link up with China Mobile to launch this new, cheaper version of the iPhone. As usual, take all this with a pinch of salt, it’s early days!

Source: iPhone 5S release date, specs: 2H 2013 launch, larger display | BGR

More like a bucket full of salt...lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

We haven't had iphone 5 two minutes and now rumours of 5s,let us enjoy 5 until at least September Apple!

All I kept seeing was "cheaper version" LoL I love the quality of their products and how NOT CHEAP they are

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

Although I have iPhone since first generation and had every model, I don't mind them produced twice a year, it's just another gadget. I like the lenght of the screen of the I5 but I like it little wider.

Honestly... I find this very hard to believe. "Lower cost..." AND "bigger screen..." I don't see Apple making something that costs less and gives us anything more. Look at the iPad lineup... yeah the Mini costs less but, smaller screen AND without the Retina display.

May be the lower cost implies lower spec internals.... Lower spec camera,no LTE , no NFC [if applicable at the time], lower spec CPU, and non retina, and possible lower on board storage. ?

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

May be the lower cost implies lower spec internals.... Lower spec camera,no LTE , no NFC [if applicable at the time], lower spec CPU, and non retina, and possible lower on board storage. ?
I wonder though... how many people would be willing to give up ALL those options for a larger screen w/ a lower price?!?

Hmmmm... I see a poll in the making here. :)