What's new

what up all

Herndon

Reaction score
hey everyone just purchased me a iphone 4 16gb. ordered from verizon so i don't actually have it in hand. starting to read up on jailbreaking so i can do it almost immediately. i am coming from a rooted droid 2 so i can't deal with having a stock phone haha.

hey everyone just purchased me a iphone 4 16gb. ordered from verizon so i don't actually have it in hand. starting to read up on jailbreaking so i can do it almost immediately. i am coming from a rooted droid 2 so i can't deal with having a stock phone haha.

welcome the forums herdon.as long as you stay with 4.2.8 or below you can do a untethered jb...

Welcome to the forum. Yes you can jailbreak you device as soon as you receive it. But just so you know, it your device comes with a iOS higher than 4.2.8 then you know that all you can get is a tether jailbreak. Enjoy the forum.

let me see if i am understanding you correctly. if it's higher than 4.2.8 i have to be tethered to my computer to jailbreak, if it is 4.2.8 i can do it straight from the phone. im guessing using jailbreak me

let me see if i am understanding you correctly. if it's higher than 4.2.8 i have to be tethered to my computer to jailbreak, if it is 4.2.8 i can do it straight from the phone. im guessing using jailbreak me

Yes, if it's 4.2.8 you can use jailbreakme.com
But if it's higher than 4.2.8 not only that you will need to connect you phone to your computer to jailbreak, but also, you will have to connect your phone to your computer everytime you will reboot your iDevice otherwise you phone will never boot up.

Oh wow then i really hope it comes with 4.2.8 cause that sounds like a bit of a hassle to have to hook it up to the computer every time i want to reboot. But i'm also guessing it's just a matter of time before they find the exploit to have unteathered jailbreak on the newer version

Oh wow then i really hope it comes with 4.2.8 cause that sounds like a bit of a hassle to have to hook it up to the computer every time i want to reboot. But i'm also guessing it's just a matter of time before they find the exploit to have unteathered jailbreak on the newer version

No, they are not going to make it untether, the next iOS which will surely be an untether one is the iOS 5.
And iOS 5 will be out in September, so untether jailbreak can be available within September or October.

interesting well the i seriously hope mine will be coming with 4.2.8. Though I doubt it since i got a cpo one and they normally come with more up to date software