What's new

What to do

yankeesbaseball

Reaction score
I'm a current droid 2 user but wanna upgrade to the iphone 4 or 5 when it comes out. I don't have an upgrade so i'd have to pay full retail. My bday is coming up in May should I just wait until the 5 comes out? Is it going to be that much better? And is there an unlimited data plan with the iphone?

The unlimited plan is supposed to end come summer(my guess is before or during the iphone5) that is if VZW even gets the iphone5.

Which I have read rumors that a redesign will happen which I believe is true weather is be a 4" screen or even changing how the antenna is on the phone(such as the change made on the iphone 4 for verizon). If neither of those things happen I can see it being another 3gs and just upgrading the GB capacity, the cameras perhaps, and just faster/more battery power.

Personally if I were you I would wait for it, the iphone4 is a great device but the iphone5 could be worth waiting for. By the way have you thought of the other droids? Such as the 4g Bionic(just playing devils advocate here)

The tough thing about the VZ iPhone5 is no one has any idea if or when they will get it. Just because Apple and ATT are on a cycle of a new phone every June/July-ish, that does not guarantee VZ will be getting it at the same time. These are 2 different companies here.

This is the Apple Marketing machine on full blast. They want people to speculate, talk about it, start rumors, and create the buzz for them, all the while leaving us officially in the dark..... wondering.

In your situation since you cannot upgrade until May, you might as well hold off until June/July to see what VZ does. You would be kicking yourself if you bought the 4, and then the next month the 5 did in fact come out on VZ.

Just my 2 cents.