What's new

What the!! Black splotches on ONE photo

Anniemomster

Reaction score
can anyone explain? We were walking up from the beach and I wanted to take a pic of the kids walking with the wildflowers. It was dusk so getting dark.
My camera kept freezing as a blurr. I'd restart. I was able to snap one which outlined all of the bushes in bright white, and made the sky gray, and there were weird black splotches throughout the photo.
So weird. Looked evil!
Anyone know what happened? Was just that one photo. Then camera locked and finally allowed me to take photos again after 3 phone locks and a minute???!!??!

Attachments

• IMG_3584.JPG
    IMG_3584.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 535
can anyone explain? We were walking up from the beach and I wanted to take a pic of the kids walking with the wildflowers. It was dusk so getting dark.
My camera kept freezing as a blurr. I'd restart. I was able to snap one which outlined all of the bushes in bright white, and made the sky gray, and there were weird black splotches throughout the photo.
So weird. Looked evil!
Anyone know what happened? Was just that one photo. Then camera locked and finally allowed me to take photos again after 3 phone locks and a minute???!!??!

No idea why it happened but what a photo, looks great

Reactions: 933
I don't see any black blotches. I do see shadowing that is normal. And it is a great photo.

I can see the black tarry splotches you mean, but it seems like a temporary optical aberration.

If you begin to see similar marks on other photos it would be a good idea to go to an Apple Store Genius Bar for a diagnostic.

Reactions: 933
I didn't edit anything . My camera froze up! Wouldn't take any pics or even turn off with the side and home button. I restarted my camera twice and it finally worked again at the top of the hill. It was very strange. Erie almost!
It was the only pic with splotches before or after.
Thanks for the comments!!