What's new

What is the best app to use for email

dudawei

Reaction score
I have browsed a bit through lots of email apps, Outlook looks interesting , any suggestions on which email apps I should consider? At home I use Mozilla Thunderbird.

What functions are you looking for that the stock app doesn't do for you?

Whilst Thunderbird is all singing and all dancing (kinda) ... for a mobile the stock app is ok (sure the wish list for added features can be 1000 miles long, but its a mobile and it works ok), I do my spam filtering server side and am 97.5% happy

What functions are you looking for that the stock app doesn't do for you?

I'm looking for another email app as well. My main concern is that both my gmail account and my work email are linked to the stock app. I need to be alerted when a work email comes through, but don't want my phone to go off every 10 seconds with all the crap that goes to my gmail account. I was assuming I could download an app just for gmail and keep work in the stock app, but I'm incredibly new to all this so I wasn't sure if that was a real solution.

Any suggestions?

I'm looking for another email app as well. My main concern is that both my gmail account and my work email are linked to the stock app. I need to be alerted when a work email comes through, but don't want my phone to go off every 10 seconds with all the crap that goes to my gmail account. I was assuming I could download an app just for gmail and keep work in the stock app, but I'm incredibly new to all this so I wasn't sure if that was a real solution.

Any suggestions?

That is the solution that I would recommend. That's how I do it. Makes it much easier.

And, since you need to see the work mail right away, I'd keep it that way - work in the stock Mail app and personal in the Gmail app. Mainly because, AFAIK, the Gmail app doesn't push mail as well as the stock Mail app.

Marilyn

I have downloaded the gmail app but can't figure out how to set the notification? Help please

I think Apple's Mail.app is really the best way to handle email on your iPhone. It it has most of the features users need without feeling overloaded, supports all types of accounts, and is easy to use.

Are you talking about the mail app that is stock or is it something you can download from the app store?