What's new

What Does Fingerprint Technology and NFC Really Mean for Apple?

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
nfc-chip-cases1.JPG

The next iPhone, which is most likely going to be the iPhone 5S, is strongly rumoured to have both a fingerprint reader and NFC payment technology included, with the two also said to be working in tandem in the new iPhone. BGR’s Jonathan Geller has written a very interesting and informative feature all about what NFC could mean for Apple, and it’s well worth your time, being an excellent investigation of Apple’s possible plans on the matter. Essentially, Geller says that it’s his belief that Apple doesn’t just intend to use NFC as a means of tapping and paying for goods and services, but also as a payment processor, or, as he puts it, “the intermediary in between a merchant and the credit card companies.” Basically, you will pay for goods and services via your iTunes account, with Apple getting a slice of the commission paid for each purchase. What would make this even more effective for Apple, says Geller is that Apple would be able to pretty much do away with fraudulent purchases and chargebacks, simply by dint of the added security of using fingerprint verification for each transaction. All very interesting stuff, and Geller very much knows what he’s talking about when it comes to Apple, so he could be right on the money, so to speak![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] http://bgr.com/2013/03/19/apple-mobile-payments-analysis-itunes-371912/?utm_source=featuredposts-widget&utm_medium=hom

i guess it will mean they are 1 step closer to catching up to most android phones.

Except Apple will implement solid fingerprint recognition technology unlike anything seen on any device before, as well as announce a payment infrastructure for NFC enabled payments that will actually revolutionize the way we buy things today.

Being first with a hardware feature doesn't make you a leader without the infrastructure to make it really useful.

Except Apple will implement solid fingerprint recognition technology unlike anything seen on any device before, as well as announce a payment infrastructure for NFC enabled payments that will actually revolutionize the way we buy things today.

Being first with a hardware feature doesn't make you a leader without the infrastructure to make it really useful.

Very well said!!

And with Apple's proven record of developing great services like maps, mobile me, and.... oh wait, never mind.

Yes, they have had some failures, however having just announced the 25,000,000,000 song sold thru iTunes, they are already one of the largest payment processors on the planet.

And with Apple's proven record of developing great services like maps, mobile me, and.... oh wait, never mind.

Yes, because google maps was perfect when it first launched... oh wait, never mind.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net