What's new

Apple iPhone 5 will incorporate NFC technology

wicked

Reaction score

GoogleVending-380x253.png

If you were wondering whatÂ’s going on in developersÂ’ labs over at Apple regarding the next generation iPhone, youÂ’ll be happy to know we have a couple of juicy news for you. Apparently the rumors that the iPhone 5 will be sporting Near Field Communication or NFC technology are true. NFC is the current most advanced technology in retail today; therefore Apple is of course looking to incorporate it.

Some Apple fans chatted up a “well-connected developer” down at the Macworld conference and they found out some details about the Apple software engineers currently working on the new iPhone. It turns out they are very “heavy into NFC”. Also an iPhone app is in the works to enable NFC payments.
Also a representative from MasterCard’s Paypass NFC system informed that: “I don’t know of a handset manufacturer that isn’t the process of making sure their stuff is Paypass ready.” He was subsequently asked whether or not the list would include Apple but all he answered was:
“Um, there are… like I say, [I don't know of] any handset maker out there. Now, when we have discussions with our partners, and they ask us not to disclose them, we don’t.”
It sure sounds like somebody who knows too much. But carrier politics might be an issue for the introduction of NFC. We all remember Verizon blocking Google WalletÂ’s NFC payment system on the Galaxy Nexus device. But companies such as Verizon need Apple, like we need food to survive, and the Cupertino company is well aware of that fact.

Source: SlashGear