What's new

What carrier are you with and how much do you pay a month?

What Carrier Are You Using ?

• AT&T

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Sprint

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Verizon

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • T-Mobile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metro PCS

• Cricket

• Straight Talk

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters
Verizon approx. 98.00 per month which includes 450 talk minutes, 1000 texts, unlimited data, and 2GB hotspot for my iPad.

Sent from my Tricked Out Pink Hearts Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update iPF.net

Im close with you on this one, i was hoping i wasnt the only that paid that much for one phone haha..but i got the Verizon nationwide 450 minutes, unlimited data, unlimited texts, free nights, wknds..bout 95$ month after my 22% discount on equip and plan

I bought the Verizon iphone, then got hooked up on my mother's family plan with my little brother. To pay my end is $50 a month. Except until recently had to pay $60 for going over my data plan:/.

As soon i installed WeeTrackData from Cydia I could easily keep track of my data usage, and have not gone over since;)

I was just dealing with verizon today, and if i had not been grandfathered in to my data plan id probably have a flip phone lol, i cant believe how much data gets used up quickly.. those pro rated prices too much IMO

rarebreed said:
I was just dealing with verizon today, and if i had not been grandfathered in to my data plan id probably have a flip phone lol, i cant believe how much data gets used up quickly.. those pro rated prices too much IMO

Lucky. If Only I had unlimited data. I'm jealous.lol

Thats why i was looking at it today (my overall usage) and was like holy hell i"m on there way too much lol. How recently did you buy a plan from VZW?

rarebreed said:
Thats why i was looking at it today (my overall usage) and was like holy hell i"m on there way too much lol. How recently did you buy a plan from VZW?

Bout a year ago.

rarebreed said:
Im close with you on this one, i was hoping i wasnt the only that paid that much for one phone haha..but i got the Verizon nationwide 450 minutes, unlimited data, unlimited texts, free nights, wknds..bout 95$ month after my 22% discount on equip and plan

Mine is discounted as well. Plan was more; however, I managed to shave off 16.00 by switching from a separate 3G plan for my iPad for 30.00 to tethering via iPhone for 20.00 and switching to 450 voice minutes 39.99 and 1000 texts for 10.00 as most of my texting is via iOS and Text Plus which only uses 3G data and wifi.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Mine is discounted as well. Plan was more; however, I managed to shave off 16.00 by switching from a separate 3G plan for my iPad for 30.00 to tethering via iPhone for 20.00 and switching to 450 voice minutes 39.99 and 1000 texts for 10.00 as most of my texting is via iOS and Text Plus which only uses 3G data and wifi.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Right, pretty much identical lol. Is you're discount from you're job ? I work at FedEx so that was a nice bonus. I'll have to check out text plus. Unforunatley 70% ppl I text are out of Verizon so I just went unlimited on that, otherwise I have no comPlaints thus far

rarebreed said:
Right, pretty much identical lol. Is you're discount from you're job ? I work at FedEx so that was a nice bonus. I'll have to check out text plus. Unforunatley 70% ppl I text are out of Verizon so I just went unlimited on that, otherwise I have no comPlaints thus far

Funny, Verizon only offers free unlimited IN texting to people with unlimited texting per a convoluted explanation from a vzw customer service rep. Only time I saw a count for IN texting is when I had unlimited texting, NUTS!!! All texts count towards my 1,000 Verizon or otherwise. Even iOS when Verizon decides that a particular iOS text can only be send via regular SMS, hence why I still need a texting plan lol!!!

I like text plus because you can use it with non-text plus users. They also have a free calling app.

tlbaker said:
Funny, Verizon only offers free unlimited IN texting to people with unlimited texting per a convoluted explanation from a vzw customer service rep. Only time I saw a count for IN texting is when I had unlimited texting, NUTS!!! All texts count towards my 1,000 Verizon or otherwise. Even iOS when Verizon decides that a particular iOS text can only be send via regular SMS, hence why I still need a texting plan lol!!!

I like text plus because you can use it with non-text plus users. They also have a free calling app.

AND, all the carriers charge pretty much the same maybe with a variation of a few $$$.

I use my iPhone in WiFi only for e-mail, iMessages, most all apps at no cost. I also have Nettalk (similar to Majic Jack) which offers an app to subscribers that enables phone calls on the iPhone via data or WiFi. I use Straight Talk for regular cell and home phone service. For $30, 1000 minutes and text. The phones they offer are very yesterday and low on ergonomics and features. I have two of them in case I damage or lose one ($5 each). Choice of Verizon, AT&T or Sprint. When the new iPhone comes out with LTE, I may go with that on Verizon.

Fully said:
I use my iPhone in WiFi only for e-mail, iMessages, most all apps at no cost. I also have Nettalk (similar to Majic Jack) which offers an app to subscribers that enables phone calls on the iPhone via data or WiFi. I use Straight Talk for regular cell and home phone service. For $30, 1000 minutes and text. The phones they offer are very yesterday and low on ergonomics and features. I have two of them in case I damage or lose one ($5 each). Choice of Verizon, AT&T or Sprint. When the new iPhone comes out with LTE, I may go with that on Verizon.

I downloaded Nettalk but there is something that is needed is a SIP account. What is a SIP account?

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Have you tried going on their website to create an account?