What's new

What bluetooth headset are you using?

escalade6103

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good Bluetooth headset. I need one that the other person doesn't have trouble hearing me. So what's everyone using?

I'm using a Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth headset with my iPhone, it works great.

I use the jaw bone icon....love it! Several people that I talk to regularly are hard of hearing and I went through a slew of bluetooth accessories before I found this one and everyone can hear me very well. The battery life is good as well!

got an ps3 bluetooth headset online,work well and seem cool on my iphone 4 days before..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for a good Bluetooth headset. I need one that the other person doesn't have trouble hearing me. So what's everyone using?

I use the Plantronics Voyager Pro +. It looks a little clunky, but is actually very comfortable. It has a good ambient noise canceling system, and that system works well enough that I've driven down the road at 30 MPH with the window open, my headset in my left ear and the person I was talking to wasn't getting any wind noise.

I have 2 pairs of the Altec Lansing bluetooth back beat 903, they are the best sounding headaets i have ever had, but they have connection issues with the ip4. Very regularly they stop producing sound while i use them for phone conversation or ipod functions, i use both of these for my stereo and my pc and i dont have these issues at all. I used them for my blackberry as well for a year and never had issues with them, i still use them with with
My pc, but i cant use them with the ip4 because they stop producing sound and the ip4 shows they are connected, i wish they would fix the ip4 issue. Its a well known issue. Not to mention that using blue tooth with my iphone severely cuts down the battery length. I have resorted to wired headphones that dont nearly sound as good as the backbeat 903, but they do well. I hate using wired headphones but if i want my phone to last all day without a charge, thats what i have to do.

Jabra cruiser2 in the truck and jaw bone out of the truck.
I don't have an iphone/ipod ready radio so it makes it nice to be able to sync my music and still get the calls on the cruiser.

This is an old thread but i want to ask those who are using Jawbone Era, Did you do anything for it work with your Iphone 4s and siri? For one i could not get my text messages or email alerts with the jawbone. I had to turn off A2DP in order to get alerts, by doing this i also lost listening to music and other applications. Second when i wanted to use siri to make a call while i am driving it would make the call but i lost all audio coming into the bluetooth, no audio on the phone either. In order to make a call and talk on the bluetooth i had to make the call from the iphone and not siri through bluetooth. I since then took the jawbone era back cause it was no use to me if all i could do is recieve calls while i am driving. But i would really like to have another jawbone Era. The sound is amazing and i like the looks of it. So what did you guys do to make it work with Siri?

This is an old thread but i want to ask those who are using Jawbone Era, Did you do anything for it work with your Iphone 4s and siri? For one i could not get my text messages or email alerts with the jawbone. I had to turn off A2DP in order to get alerts, by doing this i also lost listening to music and other applications. Second when i wanted to use siri to make a call while i am driving it would make the call but i lost all audio coming into the bluetooth, no audio on the phone either. In order to make a call and talk on the bluetooth i had to make the call from the iphone and not siri through bluetooth. I since then took the jawbone era back cause it was no use to me if all i could do is recieve calls while i am driving. But i would really like to have another jawbone Era. The sound is amazing and i like the looks of it. So what did you guys do to make it work with Siri?

I know this does not solve your problem, but I am in the same situation with a jawbone icon. I have worked with the techs at jawbone to no avail. They tell me it is ios5 that is giving it the problems. As a last resort they are replacing mine to see if that will help. I don't have much hope though and am looking for another solution. If you find something that works post it as I need to have 2 for 2 different cars, I forget to change them from one car to the other, and am tired of buying to find out they don't work.

Have a good day,
HiddenPuppy

Hey HiddenPuppy
I wish i could have gotten the jawbones to work but they just wouldn't for me. Today i tried Plantronics M50, It was alot cheaper then the jawbone but i just wanted to give it a try. It paired good, I could get my text and email alerts, it seamed like the delay for A2DP wasn't as long as it was for jawbone, BUT when i held the button to bring up Siri and asked Siri to call home, i waited and waited. I pulled out my phone to find it was locked up solid. I had my phone since launch day in October and i have never had this problem. I had to do a soft reset. I went to the verizon store and talked to the rep and he told me that some people get bluetooth to work well with siri but alot of people don't. I must be one of the ones who don't. So for now i am gona forget all about getting a bluetooth head set and just use my wired inear buds till they do a fix or something. But im not gona try any more bluetooth headsets till i know they have it fixed. Good luck on yours.

Hey HiddenPuppy
I wish i could have gotten the jawbones to work but they just wouldn't for me. Today i tried Plantronics M50, It was alot cheaper then the jawbone but i just wanted to give it a try. It paired good, I could get my text and email alerts, it seamed like the delay for A2DP wasn't as long as it was for jawbone, BUT when i held the button to bring up Siri and asked Siri to call home, i waited and waited. I pulled out my phone to find it was locked up solid. I had my phone since launch day in October and i have never had this problem. I had to do a soft reset. I went to the verizon store and talked to the rep and he told me that some people get bluetooth to work well with siri but alot of people don't. I must be one of the ones who don't. So for now i am gona forget all about getting a bluetooth head set and just use my wired inear buds till they do a fix or something. But im not gona try any more bluetooth headsets till i know they have it fixed. Good luck on yours.

I have a friend that is going to loan me a Motorola H730, he says works good, I will try that out and keep you posted. The specs look really great on this one. You would think Apple would have this together, but it is a mess. Otherwise I love the phone. Not sure I could handle having something in both ears or the wire, may have to go to that though.

Have a good day,
HiddenPuppy

I desided to give jawbone era another try. This one works! :) I have caller I'd off cause I have ringtones set for certain people, I left A2DP on and picked different alert sound that was longer to get by the delay, I chose voice command to work with Siri and everything works. I have no idea why the other 2 didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net