What's new

What are you doing right NOW??? ;)

A new sport.;) Baseket Ball. The players dribble the ball around the bases and put it in the basket at home base.

This...LOL [emoji23]
IMG_1681.jpg

Making and setting up a 15' dipping stick to easily measure the water in the rain tank. Still have to exit the bedroom through a window to the tank top roof but easier than opening a hatch cover with heavy diamond plate then using a flashlight into the tank.

Making and setting up a 15' dipping stick to easily measure the water in the rain tank. Still have to exit the bedroom through a window to the tank top roof but easier than opening a hatch cover with heavy diamond plate then using a flashlight into the tank.

So that’s why you’re getting no rain.;) you’ve got it all locked up in a tank.

So that’s why you’re getting no rain.;) you’ve got it all locked up in a tank.

Which I'm pleased to report contains a bit more water ( filled from rooftop trough) than I expected. Water from it for drinking needs to be boiled but is mostly clear. If the Govt supply (reservoirs) get exhausted it can hold us for a while but there are 5 tenents plus the 2 of us drawing on it. I'd guess it's about 15,000 gal capacity now at around 10,000 in it. If we were assured of rainfall to replenish we would use it to do some power washing of volcano ash but are holding off. One good thing is that like last year's drought, the Covid driven tourism collapse has substantially reduced demand due low or no hotels more than probably 1/3 full. Last Govt water outage (5 days long) due road and watermain work we used rain tank water in buckets and a bit cold to bathe. It worked but it was sure nice to shower again afterward.