What's new

What are the top 10 reasons why Android has overtaken the iPhone?

id like to see how close any one particular droid phones sales are to the iphone, i'd be willing to bet there not even close, except maybe one or two, if that. And I think the top reason anyone would want a droid over iphone because likes been said Apple wants everything locked down. Alot of people dont take time or want to have to jailbreak there phone to customize it. Of course I do and its killing me that I cant jailbreak it yet, since the last update, I didnt read enough before updating. :(

id like to see how close any one particular droid phones sales are to the iphone, i'd be willing to bet there not even close, except maybe one or two, if that. And I think the top reason anyone would want a droid over iphone because likes been said Apple wants everything locked down. Alot of people dont take time or want to have to jailbreak there phone to customize it. Of course I do and its killing me that I cant jailbreak it yet, since the last update, I didnt read enough before updating. :(

The Open Handset Alliance was formed so that no one phone could rule the market and hence possibly cause stagnation or possible failure of the Android OS.

That was a very wise choice at the time as it turns out.

I still love that we are comparing one phone (iPhone) two if you count the two models available, against the hundreds of different phones using Android.

Does anyone realize that these guys are competing against each other too? HTC and Motorola aren't just like "oh, hey we both make Android so we like each other and we're the same company now."

I LOVE the blanket "Android has 50% of the market!" oh ya?!?! 25 manufacturers world wide have 50% of the market?!

We can talk about features all we want, but there are so many "Android" phones they don't all have the same features. I've seen some really cheap looking Android phones.

I still love that we are comparing one phone (iPhone) two if you count the two models available, against the hundreds of different phones using Android.

Does anyone realize that these guys are competing against each other too? HTC and Motorola aren't just like "oh, hey we both make Android so we like each other and we're the same company now."

I LOVE the blanket "Android has 50% of the market!" oh ya?!?! 25 manufacturers world wide have 50% of the market?!

We can talk about features all we want, but there are so many "Android" phones they don't all have the same features. I've seen some really cheap looking Android phones.

Yea there are cheap looking android phones. There are also insane Android phones with features i could never imagine.

What if I am buying a smartphone, but I have a 20-100$ budget.

If I wanted an IPhone, I only have one choice. On Android, I have TONS.

$49 iPhone 3gs if you have ATT

But other wise it's true, thats the different school of thought. Google is kinda just like "its open we'lll let anyone put it on anything". Apple is more about trying to create a device with the software. Can you imagine if apple just let anyone put the iOS on anything they want?

Anyone has a choice, if people don't want an iPhone then they dont have to buy one. I like that Apple seems to at least take a stance for their quality. They don't pander to every consumer whim, they make a quality product that is up to their personal standards while taking consumer desire into account without sacraficing their own vision.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in love with Apple, you couldn't pay me enough money to buy a Mac. But I love the iDevices and I don't see anything on Androids that make me jealous one bit. That's not to say Androids aren't great products. I'm just happy with what my iPhone does and I don't need a billion other battery draining features I won't use.

Yea there are cheap looking android phones. There are also insane Android phones with features i could never imagine.

What if I am buying a smartphone, but I have a 20-100$ budget.

If I wanted an IPhone, I only have one choice. On Android, I have TONS.

$49 iPhone 3gs if you have ATT

But other wise it's true, thats the different school of thought. Google is kinda just like "its open we'lll let anyone put it on anything". Apple is more about trying to create a device with the software. Can you imagine if apple just let anyone put the iOS on anything they want?

Anyone has a choice, if people don't want an iPhone then they dont have to buy one. I like that Apple seems to at least take a stance for their quality. They don't pander to every consumer whim, they make a quality product that is up to their personal standards while taking consumer desire into account without sacraficing their own vision.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in love with Apple, you couldn't pay me enough money to buy a Mac. But I love the iDevices and I don't see anything on Androids that make me jealous one bit. That's not to say Androids aren't great products. I'm just happy with what my iPhone does and I don't need a billion other battery draining features I won't use.

But, if they really made quality products, there wouldnt be a huge antenna problem that makes me drop 1/5 calls.

Even though Moto/HTC/Samsung/etc has new phones every 2-4 months, none have problems as big as that.

I dont have this issue with my iPhone 4 on Verizon. Maybe its AT&T? Either way, no phone is perfect. I know many Android using phones have issues with crashing. If you don't like the iPhone, hey thats cool. Its not for everybody. But I dont think people should try to make a product more like another product they like. If you like Android phones then use those? I like my iPhone so let me be happy.