What's new

Wet iPhone

goose299

Reaction score
So on Saturday, I went swimming with my iPhone, all in all it was under for half hour or so. Bad times, I know
Since then, it's been in a bag of rice above my boiler. Took it out today and plugged it into a power source. First thing to come up was the apple icon then it told me to connect to iTunes. It then seems to randonmly turn itself on and off again. As soon as I unplugged from the power source, the phone went off. Connected to my computer and iTunes but nothing happened.
Plugged it back into the power source and got the same info again. Everytime I unplug it, it doesn't stay on, only when connected to a power source
Any magic tricks out there? or have I got to accept the fact it's completely bust?

Many Thanks
A poor student who can't afford a new iPhone

Try to replace the battery then, of if you are uncertain, take it to a repair facility so that they check it out for you.

I have had one too many wet phones in my time so i would have to say that your out of luck and need to find a new device. RIP iphone

Bad luck, goose... Each "wet iPhone" comes out differently: some few survive, most don't. When powering up a wet-then-dried iPhone, some moisture can remain and short out some very sensitive electronics within. Even with power off, after getting wet, the battery provides "some" amount of power to a few circuits within, these these can short out. And as I wrote before, each disaster is different depending on time exposed, the covering on the phone, other stuff.... Let us know how this turns out for you.