What's new

Welcome to the iPhone 13 Forum!

Quick question for you experts. As you can see I will be getting a new iphone Pro Max this week or next and I would like to give my unlocked iPhone 11 Pro Max to my lovely granddaughter. I assume my new phone will come with a new SIM card as I told Apple who my carrier was when I ordered the phone. But my granddaughter is on a different carriers network and she uses an older model iphone. In order to get my old phone up and running for her will I just have to put her SIM card in my old phone then let the transfer thing do it’s business?

You’ll have to put her SIM card in the iPhone and she’ll have to let her carrier know she’s got a new phone. She’ll also have to set up the phone from a backup of her old phone.

You’re welcome. Let us know if there are any problems with the transfer of the iPhone to your granddaughter.

UPS tracking keeps telling me to check back tomorrow for an update on my iPhone 13 Pro Max delivery. Last known location was Korea. MacRumors has a article that says UPS has had some kind of mechanical issue. I don’t know if that is what is delaying my phone or not?

No. If it’s the older 5w charger it will take longer to charge but won’t harm the phone in any way. This applies to original Apple and Apple certified chargers.

I was u
If I use a charger from an old iPhone,
is there any possibility that would affect my iPhone 13's battery performance?
I was using the 5w charger from an older phone and the only problem was it was very slow, I bought the Apple 20w charger and it makes such a difference.

I learned a new one yesterday. After setting up my new iPhone 13 Pro Max everything seemed to work great. It was late so I went to bed. Next morning I’m checking it out and tried to call my son, no way just a message from Verizon saying call could not be completed as dialed. Same for everyone I tried to call or text. Frustrating, my new phone did everything great and fast except MAKE PHONE CALLS. A trip to the Verizon store solved the issue. Seems that the SIM card in my two year old iphone 11 Pro Max was 4G and the new iphone will only work on a 5G SIM card. A free exchange and everything is great. Seems Apple could have tipped me off to this possibility.