What's new

Weird SMS Problem

smraasj

Reaction score
Every night at around 1:15am, I receive a text message on my iPhone (4S) from an unknown (blocked) number that is either blank, or something like !@ or !?. Every time I receive the message, the time shown for the message (in the messages app) is 10-something AM, December 8, 2015. I cannot send messages back to the sender, nor call it back, but when I tried FaceTiming the sender, it said "facetiming animStart12xxxxxxxxxx. Every time I facetime the sender, its a different 12 digit code starting with 12, and animStart at the beginning. Any ideas? It's driving me insane!

In what part of the world is it + 9 hours from where you live ? Maybe that could help you figure out something … but it sure sounds like some sort of spam to me .

It would be somewhere in the US. Even if its spam, would it be sent every night at the same time? I'm concerned about someone trying to get into my phone :s any idea as to how to stop it? My service provider doesn't seem to be of any use :(

I have no idea ! But if I were you , I would not try to call back . I live in France and here we have a number to report spam SMS , but of course we need a number to report , it won't work with a blocked number .
On the other hand I get sometimes calls from overtaxed number (+899------) , they must never be answered or called back.