What's new

Weird quirk

itzmeigh

Reaction score
My iP5 is having a weird quirk and I'm not sure how to get around it.

I can't get the password for my parent's wifi to work on my 5. I am positive I am entering the correct password because it worked fine on my son's mini and also fine on the other 2 million (give or take) apple devices and a laptop or 2 in the house over Christmas. When I'd enter the code on my phone it says the password is invalid.

Any ideas? I don't have trouble with any other passwords. It isn't a huge deal because I have plenty of data. Just odd and annoying.

I can't have it forget the network because it hasn't learned it yet.

I've even turned my phone completely off and on again between tries.

Even more weird, I've been on their network before. They had Comcast, switched to U-Verse. When they set up the U-Verse AT&T changed their ID and password to the same one they were using with Comcast. But then "something happened" and AT&T had to reset the modem and when they did the new CS rep told mom it'd be better to leave it at the default setting.

So, Comcast I could log into. U-Verse I could log into. But since the modem was rest I can't get the new password to work.

But I'm positive I'm entering the correct code because I was able to set it up on my son's mini. I haven't been able to get it to work on my phone for at least a week. I've never been able to log in on my phone since the reset.

Before resetting the router, if you are on good terms with your parents, ask them for the router password. Log in to the router in front of them and check it's settings. Maybe something is set up that you or they did not expect, like a Wireless Card Access List where all wireless devices must be listed or the device will not connect even with the correct passphrase. You can also check if both the B and the N radios are turned on or not.