What's new

Weather location not working

angeliq

Reaction score
If I switch weather on at local in privacy settings, it just don't pick it up... I think my location is not on the stock weather anymore.... I'm living in South Africa Gauteng, and Randfontein is my local location. When I got my phone about 1 and a half year ago, it picked it up. Not any more. I downloaded Yahoo weather, and got same results. I tried to report the problem with Yahoo and Apple, but its nearly impossible to do that... any suggestions? The new notification thing that you swipe down work so beautiful. I switch on my local weather when at other locations, and its working there...It looks like an area of about 20 km around my hometown Randfontein, Gauteng, South Africa is not working....

My current location still not working. I am so sure that none of the members on this forum can help, but somehow I wish this info will get to Apple and/or Yahoo.... it's so frustrating!!!

Wish I could help, but I don't have a clue. However, Apple does have a feedback site. It's a bit buried, but you can find it if you peruse around their site.

Thanks xray. I appreciate. Tried on Apple support etc, but as my 4s is not guaranteed anymore, I need to pay to get advice. Maybe I was on the wrong site or whatever. I think somewhere down the line someone will see the problem. I switch off my local location on weather. When traveling in the country, I switch it on. Such a pity as the notification feature and those things showing the weather when swipe down, ar very nice. I so hope someone from Apple or Yahoo will read the post and investigate.

BINGO!! Hold thumbs!! This morning I tried again, switching on the weather location.... (I'm doing this every morning to check) and suddenly it's working!!! Please hold thumbs that it will stay like this. I'm so excited. Was struggling with this for a long time. Only thing that's a problem now is sunset and sunrise - the time .... but I am of the opinion that it will be rectified in future. It seems like Apple and/or Yahoo somewhere got the info or complaint and rectified it .... It's so nice to see my town and local weather and to see it on the notification screen.... wow!!!!