What's new

Weather app Yahoo

angeliq

Reaction score
This morning I got up and my weather app is correct for the first time... sunrise at just after 5 o'clock... I was so happy!!! At last Yahoo/Apple rectified it... BUT!!!!!! I check the weather now (07h40) and it shows that sunrise will be at 07h48!!!!!!! Back from start!! Please Yahoo and Apple!!! Rectify it!!! I like the app, but it's wrong!! I'm in South Africa, Gauteng and my town is Randfontein... close to Johannesburg.. (By the way, Johannesburg's details are exactly same and also wrong!!!!)

I am not sure exactly what the issues with your native iphone app are but perhaps you would be better served giving this information to Apple. This is a users forum not affiated with Apple. HTH

I am not sure exactly what the issues with your native iphone app are but perhaps you would be better served giving this information to Apple. This is a users forum not affiated with Apple. HTH
Everybody on this forum do have issues with their phones. Are you the self appointed patron of the forum? I was advised previously to put queries on this "help" forum. BUT, if you are so concerned and clever, please give met Apple's or Yahoo's contact details, then I will query with them. Such unsuitable remark is not what I expected on this forum.... Those contact details please..........

Everybody on this forum do have issues with their phones. Are you the self appointed patron of the forum? I was advised previously to put queries on this "help" forum. BUT, if you are so concerned and clever, please give met Apple's or Yahoo's contact details, then I will query with them. Such unsuitable remark is not what I expected on this forum.... Those contact details please..........

The other member is correct, we cannot help you with apps on the phone if they aren't working as designed or expected.

After a Google search, here is Yahoo Weather's help page: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=product&y=PROD_WEATH&locale=en_US

And here is Apple's feedback page: http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Again, the developer of an app is the one that must be contacted. Yes, we can help with a lot of things here, but the actual workings of an app? Not so much. Sorry.

Marilyn

Discussion of native app problems is good. That way we at least know the problem is not specific to our own device. Many have issues with the Yahoo native weather, especially as it shows on the notification screen. But Marilyn is right. There's nothing anyone can do but log complaints to Apple and Yahoo!.

The other member is correct, we cannot help you with apps on the phone if they aren't working as designed or expected.

After a Google search, here is Yahoo Weather's help page: Weather Help

And here is Apple's feedback page: Apple - Feedback

Again, the developer of an app is the one that must be contacted. Yes, we can help with a lot of things here, but the actual workings of an app? Not so much. Sorry.

Marilyn
I'm so sorry I mentioned my problem here. The links you supplied.... I tried it before. Maybe somebody else got luck to get a message through on those links. This forum is for iphone users, and I just thought to share my problems. Will be careful not to do it again. The links are of no help for me, and I am now just hoping to get something positive. I hope somebody from Apple or Yahoo was reading my post. Previously I had a problem, and was advised to post on the help section. And eventually my problem was rectified. I was just cross the way bear reprimand me. Sorry again.

Discussion of native app problems is good. That way we at least know the problem is not specific to our own device. Many have issues with the Yahoo native weather, especially as it shows on the notification screen. But Marilyn is right. There's nothing anyone can do but log complaints to Apple and Yahoo!.
I tried in the past to log complaints. One thing I can tell anybody out there, is that it's VERY difficult, if not impossible, to get contact with either Apple or Yahoo. But I'll hold thumbs to get something positive. Thanks for your understanding.

I tried in the past to log complaints. One thing I can tell anybody out there, is that it's VERY difficult, if not impossible, to get contact with either Apple or Yahoo. But I'll hold thumbs to get something positive. Thanks for your understanding.
I always call Apple Support with issues I have. I don't go to their Support site. But even if you call about your problem, there's not anything they could do. They may suggest you turn on auto refresh in settings for the weather app. But I've found that doesn't help with the apps behavior. If enough people complain, they may do a fix in an update. But until then, try a good weather app from the App Store. There's several great ones.

I did not repremand you but was trying to point out that if you wanted Apple to address this concern, posting here would not get their attention as there is no reason to believe they monitor a private forum unlike their own forums.
and the way you posted did not lead me to think you were asking for help but rather that you were venting and I mistakenly wanted you to get the attention of those that might help you. Beileve me I will not try to help you again.