What's new

Weather Apps

DaytonAnnie

Reaction score
With all the crazy weather we've been having I thought a discussion of people's favorite weather apps would be timely!

i use a few different ones

1. Weather Live
2. Weather+
3. RadarScope
4. Stock weather app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I fine the Yahoo weather app to be very good. Yahoo provide the data for the stock iOS Weather app, but their own weather app has a bit more detail in it, and looks nicer... for those who like things like that.

Of course, the weather will be the same no matter what app people use! :)

On this phone (so far) I have:

WeatherCast
The Weather Channel
Yahoo Wearher

On my old iPhone 4 I also had Accu Weather,

Just found eWeather HD 3.0 on another thread, and just downloaded it. It's very impressive and may be the best yet!

Well it depends on country, but if you are in Ohio, US, then yahoo weather should do the work :) so I agree with Blueshirt. I personally use Aladin app, it is really detailed (offering a whole bunch of weather forecast information) but that's probably only for the European countries.

I use the yahoo weather app, but it takes a little longer to load than the native weather app. So if I'm pressed for time, I usually rely on the native, even though the Yahoo weather app is more descriptive and visually stunning.

I'm a certified storm spotter (NOT a storm chaser!). A storm spotter "protects" where they live for the most part. We don't go around the country chasing storms.

My weather apps I need and can't live without;

RadarScope (with in-app purchase)
WeatherPro (with in-app purchase)
Weather Bug
MeteoEarth

Let me explain why these are my go to favorite weather apps

RadarScope give almost realtime radar data, when severe weather is in the radars range, the NWS puts the radar into SAIL mode which updates the radar frames ever 2-3 mins. So the radar data is never older and 3 mins during storms. When no storms are in the area, SAIL mode is disabled and the radar frames are 5-6 mins old. App support is excellent!

WeatherPro uses USA and European data and hashes out the forecast for any given area in the world. Over time, I find myself using WeatherPro because it's seems more accurate for forecasts due to them using USA and European global weather data.

WeatherBug is great for instant hyper local real time weather data like winds and temp, humidity, etc. There are 6 sensors at the schools within 5 miles of my location

MeteoEarth has the best future graphics and is from the same people who make WeatherPro, so it's in-app purchase can be used in 3 of their apps. Pay once for a years worth of data and use it in 3 apps at no additional charge.

I use BeWeather mostly, but I also have/use eWeather, Weather Underground and Storm.
BeWeather....MANY options
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439601647.842328.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439601718.430596.jpg

eWeather. Excellent animations
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439601783.106314.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439601791.524033.jpg