What's new

Wea problems

Trekr

Reaction score
I have a Iphone 4 running ios 6.1.3 software. I am not getting the Wireless emergency alerts on my phone. If I look on notificaions, I see no option to disable the government broadcasts, so I might not have the option to receive the broadcasts installed on this phone. Any help would be appreciated<br>

I have a Iphone 4 running ios 6.1.3 software. I am not getting the Wireless emergency alerts on my phone. If I look on notificaions, I see no option to disable the government broadcasts, so I might not have the option to receive the broadcasts installed on this phone. Any help would be appreciated<br>

Are you with AT&T? They are the first to implement it.

I just noticed that there is a question on the Verizon forum concerning the same problem. I will put the answer here if they reply

I went to the Verizon store today and they said that the cause was that my roaming was disabled. They enabled both of our phones and they say now we are ready for the next alert. I guess we will have to wait and see. There is still no option to disable the Government alerts in the notification area.

I went to the Verizon store today and they said that the cause was that my roaming was disabled. They enabled both of our phones and they say now we are ready for the next alert. I guess we will have to wait and see. There is still no option to disable the Government alerts in the notification area.

If by government alerts you mean Presidential alerts, they can't be disabled.

On the 4S, at the end of the notification screen, there is an option to turn off some of the WEA notifications. I do not get that option on my Iphone 4. The guy at the Verizon store found our roaming option turned off and felt that by turning it on, the problem would be fixed. Only time will tell as there is no test that can check it out. I am waiting for the next alert to show on our friend's 4S phones to see if that fixed it. I don't have much confidence in his fix. Stay tuned

On the 4S, at the end of the notification screen, there is an option to turn off some of the WEA notifications. I do not get that option on my Iphone 4. The guy at the Verizon store found our roaming option turned off and felt that by turning it on, the problem would be fixed. Only time will tell as there is no test that can check it out. I am waiting for the next alert to show on our friend's 4S phones to see if that fixed it. I don't have much confidence in his fix. Stay tuned

I am a Verizon customer with an iPhone 5--this is what I get:

$image-784020567.jpg

I do not get the Government alerts box. Maybe IOS 7?

Even though Verizon lists the iPhone 4 on the support page, it's possible the info may be incorrect. AT& T system is only for 4s and 5. Verizon may be the same as well.

Could someone from Verizon chime in here? We need information...