What's new

Water Damage Iphone

GingerBraceFace

Reaction score
Help, i recently dropped my iphone in the bath, it didn't work for a couple of days, so i left it, started coming on with the picture for charging battery, so i charged it, it switched on, but it just got stuck on the starting screen with an apple, yet the background was blue, i have taken it apart and put alcohol, but still the same problem, is it do with the battery? any help on fixing it?

Someone else posted the same earlier , this was my reply to them copied

I doubt if it will be ok, I had a single rain drop down the headphone socket and it killed mine, fortunately as it was only one sensor activated ( you have 4 on a 4s) apple swapped it out ...
Time to do an insurance claim

I agree with bob... If you've tried the "drying" routines (rice, beans, more time....) and it doesn't respond, you're most likely out of luck. This has been written about a LOT. Usually, it's not good....

I had a similar problem and dried it out with rice. Now my iPhone is normal except it runs out of battery quickly, & whenever it shuts down and I plug it in it will just keep turning on and off for about a course of 12 hours. So this means whenever I have to update, or it runs out of battery I have to suffer through this. I have tried everything, and I am just going to get a new phone. I would try rice, and silica gel packets to see if that helps, but otherwise I think it's probably a lost cause.

You should get a Lifeproof or similar case which is waterproof to an extent. I take my iPhone in the shower with me. I even snap pics and vids under water

All your base are belong to us