What's new

VZW Ip4 reception problems?

thisrokz

Reaction score
I just got a new iphone4 Sunday. I noticed at home I don't get a full set of bars and I live quite close to a tower. I work in an area that is "extended service" with Verizon and my old verizon phone, the palm pre, got great reception outside my office and 1-2 bars inside my building. At work with the iphone I get 1 bar to no service outside my office and no service inside.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to possibly get similar coverage results as my palm?

hi i have a iphone 4 aswell and i keep getting 1bar in my house then it drops to no service. i dont think ive have full signal so far lol.
adam

Thisrokz,

I've only had my iPhone for 2 weeks now, and at my current location, I don't have a reception problem at all. However, I know I'll be getting into situations for a month or two at a time to come, where I'll definately have that same problem.

For my previous Internet connection, I had been using a data card plan from Verizon. I have a direct-connect Wilson booster and external antenna mounted on the Motorhome, and it makes all the difference in the world at a very marginal location. I have obtained a Wilson Cell Phone Cradle Plus and am in the process of determining what amplifier/booster would be best to connected it to (the one I have won't work for this phone). I'll let you know what I get and how that goes (if the process doesn't take too long).

I'm positive that this booster and external antenna scheme is going to be the only thing that will help your situation also. There's some money involved, but some of us just "gotta do what we gotta do."

IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS on what amp/booster to get, please ring in - would really apprectiate it.

Good luck,

Brian

the Verizon field tech called me this weekend apparently it was another providers problem since I was only really having a problem at my office where I am alway on extended coverage. He stated that they had tower trouble and users are reporting it's better now. I got to work this morning and I have my regular coverage that I had on my palm. It's awesome I am really liking this iphone. Now to jailbreak it. :)

Not sure really sometimes it could be the case. Not sure, but I recommend checking out my signature I think there's a part on that website that can help increase the signal of your phone.

If not, I recommend just buying a case. Could be the same problem that AT&T was having before?