What's new

volume mod for iphone 4?

cvcook

Reaction score
Can I do the speaker screen mod on my 4 like on my 3gs to incease the volume? if not what are my options?

Why would you want to increase the volume? I've found it loud enough. What's the speaker mod? The only one I've heard of is putting a small pin in the speaker to make larger holes in the speaker mesh. I wouldn't recommend that one. Lol

If it's your ringtones that are quiet you can make them louder in iTunes...

Why would you want to increase the volume? I've found it loud enough. What's the speaker mod? The only one I've heard of is putting a small pin in the speaker to make larger holes in the speaker mesh. I wouldn't recommend that one. Lol

If it's your ringtones that are quiet you can make them louder in iTunes...
Not my ringtones, just wanting to increase the volume while listening to my music

You may blow your speaker if you try and mod it so I would just make the song louder.

By using iTunes. Right click on an mp3 in you library and choose get info. Under one of the tabs there is a slider at the top that increases or decreases the volume.

To do them all at once press control+A to select all...

You may blow your speaker if you try and mod it so I would just make the song louder.

The speakers will not blow, I have jacked my iphone volume up to dangerous levels just for testing purposes. In order to reacha point where the speakers would be damaged, It have have to at a completely undesirable level of volume. I highly doubt anyone would want there speakers that loud.

An "hack" to get really high volumes is to use an old walkman without loudness limiting.
phone/pod/pad->aux->adapter cassette->walkman->speakers
If you have an ok walkman and an ok adapter sound is not to distorted (the high volume will do that anyway, too) and having to amps can give you really high volume.

Thanks guys , really good info. Already did music on iTunes & worked perfectly !! I've had iPhone since Verizon released it.( came from moto droid 1) still learning something new everyday. Thanks again

By using iTunes. Right click on an mp3 in you library and choose get info. Under one of the tabs there is a slider at the top that increases or decreases the volume.To do them all at once press control+A to select all.