What's new

Voice memos

Soxty7flh

Reaction score
I liked the "home" button on my old dinosaur phone;
When I held it down, I could record voice memos. Is there a way I can with THIS phone without having to open app etc?

I liked the "home" button on my old dinosaur phone;
When I held it down, I could record voice memos. Is there a way I can with THIS phone without having to open app etc?

Go to Utilities, click on Voice Memos, the red button is for recording, the button to the right stops the recording. After you stopped the recording, click on the same right button again and you will find your voice memo. (You can also name your voice memo under "Label")

If you click on SHARE, you can send your voice memo via email. The person receiving it on the other end should have the quicktime player to listen to your voice memo. ENJOY!

I understand how to USE it, was just wondering if there is a SHORTCUT to get there. Ya know, like how I can press the home button easily(when busy) and do a "voice" dial? I used to be able to get a memo in on my old phone without navigating like that first. Hell, by the time I open up my lock screen, navigate to the mic., I forget what I was gonna record!!!

I understand how to USE it, was just wondering if there is a SHORTCUT to get there. Ya know, like how I can press the home button easily(when busy) and do a "voice" dial? I used to be able to get a memo in on my old phone without navigating like that first. Hell, by the time I open up my lock screen, navigate to the mic., I forget what I was gonna record!!!

If it is so important to you to have the mic available at all times, why don't you always leave the mic up when you turn off your iPhone. You know it brings you right back to where you were when you turned it off.

I would think it would make sense especially when you are in the car and don't want to navigate while driving. Any other times, I don't think it is a big deal to go to utilities first.

If you hold the home button for a couple of seconds it will bring up the voice controls so you can do voice dialing and control the iPod. I'm not sure if you can open an app with it. Never experimented with it my self.

If your phones jailbroken you can use activator to set just about anything to open will a short hold of a button or a double tap of the screen in a certain place. There's lots more choices aswell. I've got my flag set to come on when I hold the volume up button and my camera app to open when I hold the volume down for example...

If you hold the home button for a couple of seconds it will bring up the voice controls so you can do voice dialing and control the iPod. I'm not sure if you can open an app with it. Never experimented with it my self.

If your phones jailbroken you can use activator to set just about anything to open will a short hold of a button or a double tap of the screen in a certain place. There's lots more choices aswell. I've got my flag set to come on when I hold the volume up button and my camera app to open when I hold the volume down for example...

Gaz....Great stuff! Your note above prompted me to read about voice control in the manual and then I tried it out. It worked. I pressed the home button for a couple of seconds and I said "Call" (I said the full name of my friend). It gave me an option to call her home or her cell and I said cell and it dialed it for me. Well, I learned something tonight. I also just called the iPod and it played the song, I asked it to play.....This is exciting. Thanks.