What's new

Voice memos app stopped recording

irene haralabatos

Reaction score
Hi!
My voice memos app won’t record. It used to. I have saved recordings that sound fine. My phone microphone works and my video recordings have sound. It’s just this app. I deleted it and redownloaded it and it’s still just weird clicks that I get when I record. I have adjusted the volume I listen to on the phone but don’t know if there’s a setting for the volume the app records at. I googled this issue and apparently it’s not common.
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

OK, if your videos have sound, and the phone is working OK when you take calls (?), then it suggests that the microphone hardware is OK. It must be the app itself in that case, and seeing you have already tried deleting and reinstalling the app, I can only suggest you try a third party app and see if that helps. Just do a search for something like "voice recorder" in the App Store and it should pull up a few you could try.

OK, if your videos have sound, and the phone is working OK when you take calls (?), then it suggests that the microphone hardware is OK. It must be the app itself in that case, and seeing you have already tried deleting and reinstalling the app, I can only suggest you try a third party app and see if that helps. Just do a search for something like "voice recorder" in the App Store and it should pull up a few you could try.

Thanks! Since I posted I think I figured it out. I tried another app and it did not record. Garage band doesn’t record. Pretty sure it’s a secondary microphone not used in videos or calls that is the problem. I’m due for a new phone so....