What's new

Video zoom

Silencer06

Reaction score
Just bought a new 4s and can't figure out how to zoom when using video. I know pinching works for zooming photos, but is there any way possible to zoom before/while using video camera?

Thanks!

Just bought a new 4s and can't figure out how to zoom when using video. I know pinching works for zooming photos, but is there any way possible to zoom before/while using video camera?

Thanks!

You can't do any pinch to zoom on the iPhone 4S with iOS 5 for videos. It only works for still shots. Probably due to the fact that the real time 1080P recording already requires a boat load of CPU time and adding zooming would require each frame to be sampled and resized on the fly which would add a huge amount of overhead.

You can't do any pinch to zoom on the iPhone 4S with iOS 5 for videos. It only works for still shots. Probably due to the fact that the real time 1080P recording already requires a boat load of CPU time and adding zooming would require each frame to be sampled and resized on the fly which would add a huge amount of overhead.

There are various schemes for adding lenses to the iPhone 4S, and earlier models. Among the inexpensive solutions, the Macro lenses, in a very few instances, give adequate quality. Fewer Wide Angle lenes offered have adequate result. The attempts at inexpensive Zoom lenses are the poorest of the quality I have found.

Ther are some schemes for attaching high quality lenses meant for more expensive cameras. Since, I do not have a collection of lensescacquired over the years, this approach is not a reasonable option for me. If you have a selection of zoom lenses for other cameras, that might be an approach for you to consider.

Faced with what I have found so far, I am waiting for the more powerful processors, and possibly even better camera and lens combinations built in to the iPhone 5 and the iPad 3 for the possibility of video zoom built in.

Oh I think you wanted a free App right?

just enjoy it's a cup of coffee

Top Camera app on the iPhone 4s - video zoom - YouTube

App Store - Top Camera - photo / video app with HDR, slow shutter, folders and editor

Top Came[h=4]Description[/h]Now with VIDEO ZOOM and CLARIFY effect! Sample movie with zoom:
Create beautiful photographs using this full-featured camera app designed for the advanced photographer, the beginner and everyone in between
ra - photo / video app with HDR, slow shutter, folders and editor

Last edited by a moderator: