What's new

Vibrate "OFF" but still vibrates when get Text Alerts

Fiend

Reaction score
I set my vibrate "OFF" and the phone vibrates when i get texts ONLY. Why is that? How do I turn it off?

I did a hard reset and still does it. Please help.

You mean that you don't want your phone to vibrate at all? Or you want it to vibrate? Whatever is your answer go to settings> sounds and there you can set vibrate on and off. When you go a bit down on the sound page, you will notice another vibrate settings for incoming calls which you can set to on or off.

You mean that you don't want your phone to vibrate at all? Or you want it to vibrate? Whatever is your answer go to settings> sounds and there you can set vibrate on and off. When you go a bit down on the sound page, you will notice another vibrate settings for incoming calls which you can set to on or off.

No, i meant it vibrates when i get "texts". I already turned off both of the "Vibrate" setting. I tried the hard reset but it still vibrates when i get texts. I'm confused.

No, i meant it vibrates when i get "texts". I already turned off both of the "Vibrate" setting. I tried the hard reset but it still vibrates when i get texts. I'm confused.

Bump.........

Do you have any 3rd party SMS app or any profile app installed in the phone? If no then a factory restore will cure that issue since you've done the hard reset already and with no avail.

Thank you sir.

Just curious... how do you know soo much about iphone 4?

I also performed a hard reset and it did not solve the problem. I will also check if other text app setting are the cause or if it is simply an IOS 4.3 feature which does not allow you to turn off Vibrate in text !

Are you trying to get the sound without vibrate? Or just to be totally quiet?

no sound no vibrate. i turned every OFF. but i still get vibrations, when i get a text