What's new

Very early Iphone 4, multiple error codes, primarily -1

scort

Reaction score
Hi All!

Im wondering if you might be able to help me as i think ive got to the end of my iphone repair knowledge! Firstly i'l fill you in on the history of the fault.......

One weekend about 3 months ago my iphone4 started to display that a restore was needed. A hard reset tended to clear the message but then it became more permanaet so i connected to itunes, carried out a restore which failed with an error of -1. Since then its been stuck in recovery mode, with the connect to itunes logo ( black back ground with a usb cable etc. ).
  1. Ive already tried a dfu restore ( same -1 error )
  2. Kicking it out of recovery mode with TU ( no effect )
  3. Adding 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com to the itunes host folder, shift clicking restore and loading a manually downloaded copy of 4.3.3 ipsw ( new failure code of 3194 )
  4. Unistalling and reinstalling the latest copy of itunes with all security disabled ( still an error of -1 )

If anyone has any tips then it would be awesome, im beginning to think that its terminal! I should also point out that the phone has never been jailbroke, and nohing un toward has ever been done to it. I have a new handset now and the same usb lead, port and copy of itunes was used to update to io6 which was fine.

Oddly ( and im not into conspiracy theories normally! ) i know of three other handsets, all 3gs's that did the same thing on the same weekend? I can olny assume its coincidence?! I should also point out that im 'reasonably savvy' with computing so feel free to complicate things,one of two things will happen - ill understand or i wont :)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Joe

I'm using a jailbroken iPhone4...in my experience when I get error -1 it's usually fixed with "Recovery Fix" using redsn0w.... essentially the Restore is complete but stuck in "Recovery Mode".... Not sure if this will apply to yourself as a non-jailbroken iPhone....

Edit:

Welcome to the Forum...

Happy Posting..

Hi,

Thank you for your swift response, as far as i know the recovery fix on redsnow is the same as the one on TU? Netherless i have just tried the redsnow recover and i got an erro rstating the reuired ipsw's could not be downloaded and to check the internet connection. The connection however is fine?

Regards

Joe

Have you considered jailbreaking the iPhone on ios6... I say this because there seems to be more tools/options to fix errors...

Use YouTube (ref: iDowloadBlog) look for the IOS6 Jailbreak video... hopefully you can get your iPhone running again...