What's new

Verizon LTE Advanced Signal Issues?

Verizon LTE Advanced Signal Waulity Poor?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • What's LTE Advanced?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scottysize

Reaction score
I have found that with the iPhone 7 Plus, Airplane mode is my friend. Coming from the 6s Plus, I never had signal issues, but ever since the first day, I've had nothing but problems with the 7 Plus. I tried a new SIM and that hasn't helped. The only way to get it back is to go into Airplane mode and then back. After doing that I get my LTE back. Now, Verizon did upgrade our towers to LTE Advanced about the same time I got the iPhone 7, so I don't know if it's the towers, or the phone. I've got a Google Pixel XL sitting in my mailbox at home that I'm going to try out the rest of this week to see if it's the towers instead of my phone, but anyone else on Verizon with LTE Advanced Towers having issues keeping LTE?

For anyone who doesn't know, LTE (Long Term Evolution) is a wireless communication standard for mobile devices, LTE Advanced is an enhancement to that standard.

Well, it's only been a few hours this morning, but already I can see a major difference in the two phones. My main problem is at work. I've got spotty coverage and I'm in a building with old thick walls, so I'm lucky to have 2 bars. It goes in and out all day. However, what I've noticed is the iPhone comes back up in 1X and then 3G. I have yet to see a 3G with the Pixel XL. It's lost the signal for a second, but came right back up as LTE. The iPhone 7 Plus would come back as 1X and then 3G and won't go back into LTE until I go to Airplane mode. There are days I've driven all the way home (50 miles countless numbers of LTE towers) and the iPhone 7 was still in 3G. It's almost like once it goes 3G, it doesn't go back.

As I said previously, this didn't happen with my 6s Plus. The 6s Plus would always eventually find LTE again after losing signal. This problem first appeared the first day I took my 7 to work and has happened every day I've worked since owning it.

Obviously further, and extended, testing is required, but so far the Pixel XL is working well... Far better than my iPhone 7 Plus.

I have had this problem on both my 6 and my 7 plus at work. Factory with a lot of steel. I have to go to airplane mode to kick back to LTE. These are/were both Verizon. My work iPhone 5S is sprint, but stays in LTE with no issue. I believe it's a Verizon issue.

Well, yesterday I didn't go to work, so I can't say anything other than I never lost LTE yesterday. Also, I'm a fat man who keeps his phone in his back pocket. My iPhone 7 switches to 3G every time I sit down. So far I've only seen 3G on the Pixel XL once...

Well, yesterday I didn't go to work, so I can't say anything other than I never lost LTE yesterday. Also, I'm a fat man who keeps his phone in his back pocket. My iPhone 7 switches to 3G every time I sit down. So far I've only seen 3G on the Pixel XL once...
I haven't seen many complaints about this. I'm wondering if you received a device with a defective antenna. @Scottysize do you have an Apple Store near you? It might be worth having them take a look.

I think I'm going to move away from Apple. At least for now. I forgot how much I enjoy Android. The Pixel's been a breath of fresh air and the signal is incredible. For the first time ever, I'm actually able to use my phone at my desk. I've never had a smartphone that could get through the concrete and steal to hit a tower that's only getting 2 bars at best and maintain not only a call, but LTE. The Pixel can. So, what's that mean for the iPhone? I do think I have a bad device, so I'll be stopping by the Apple store to see what they say next week, however, I'm fairly certain an iPhone will be coming up for sale on Swappa from Texas...

I suppose the final decision will depend on whether or not the Genius Bar can help you with the signal problem. If you do decide to sell your iPhone, you'll have to sell your Apple Watch as well.

I suppose the final decision will depend on whether or not the Genius Bar can help you with the signal problem. If you do decide to sell your iPhone, you'll have to sell your Apple Watch as well.
Yup. I haven't worn it in a week. I don't really miss it, except every now and then I try to see what time it is. Also, I would use the speaker phone occasionally. I'll miss those two things, but can live without them.

At the end of the day as we say a watch is for telling the time. And what is the use of a phone that you can't call or receive calls on.
Whoever makes the thing.

iWatch sold this weekend, but let's face, it, I didn't get that much for it being a gen 1 with some marks on the face. I decided to sell the iPhone. I'll come back when the 8 comes out. I know I'll have to have the 8, but for now, I'm really enjoying the Pixel XL. It's smaller, easier to hold and use, and it's a really nice phone. Plus, I can't beat the signal. I'm getting signal here at the office where I never have before with any phone. I can't debate that.

happy days then, what model Rolex have you brought?