What's new

Verizon iPhone 4 Rumors Begin (Again)

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iphone_4_verizon.jpg

It's been a while since we've heard Verizon and iPhone 4 in the same sentence but today let's pile on the Verizon iPhone 4 rumors yet again. Digitimes has just reported:

Pegatron [Technology] will also start shipping a CDMA version of the iPhone 4 to Apple in the fourth quarter and is currently using its plants in Shanghai, China to produce the products, the sources noted. The company is also working on gaining orders for MacBooks and iPads from Apple, added the sources.

Take this has rumor, and rumor only. Nothing has been announced by Verizon or Apple.

Source: TiPB.com and Digitimes.com

I think it's just a matter of time before Verizon has an iPhone.

I have also seen estimates that if Verizon were to pick up the iPhone that AT&T could lose up to 40% of their iPhone customers who would switch over.

That is monstrous...

I think it's just a matter of time before Verizon has an iPhone.

I have also seen estimates that if Verizon were to pick up the iPhone that AT&T could lose up to 40% of their iPhone customers who would switch over.

That is monstrous...

That is a crazy amount. I currently have Verizon and am getting the new iPhone and switching to AT&T. But I won't be switching back to Verizon unless my family switches too. They are part of why I'm making the switch now.

in the uk they expanded to all carriers im sure they will expand to more in the us?

which is better?

CDMA is far superior. GSM is an old less efficient technology. GSM's only advantage is data/voice simultaneously. CDMA is faster, clearer, more secure, and much less likely to drop calls. Its the newest mobile technology. -Dr. Simon Geraldene Sr. Mobile Network Engineer

which is better?

CDMA is far superior. GSM is an old less efficient technology. GSM's only advantage is data/voice simultaneously. CDMA is faster, clearer, more secure, and much less likely to drop calls. Its the newest mobile technology. -Dr. Simon Geraldene Sr. Mobile Network Engineer

we have gsmand another dual something i forget, but being able to do both smultaneously would be better i think

Beware of hipe. My company switched from AT&T to Verizon to save money. Now, mass quantities of field personal are having trouble because they have lost coverage. The company is now allowing users to move back to AT&T where coverage is lacking.
I think things will improve with AT&T and the iPhone. If Verizon gets the iPhone, users might have to go through the same pains they have endured in the beginning with AT&T.
It's like changing lanes in a super market. The one to which you switch slows down.

AT&T 3g is CDMA Technology as is all the GSM in most of the world. That is why the iPhone works in Japan if I am correct. Japanese 2g is not GSM.
Alex