What's new

utorrent??

valleyboy22

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is the a utorrent app out there so i can use my 4s to download torrents??(not for illegal purposes)

Cheers

There might be one in the Jailbreak world. But after a really quick search of the App Store, I don't see one. In fact I can almost bet you never will see one because of its complex legal issues.

Cheers. I got one from jailbreak world but once installed I cannot find it?? Need to
Look again to see if can find another?

I don't jailbreak, so hopefully someone with more knowledge in that arena will now chime in.

There are a few clients from Cydia. I have a few but they're slipping off my tongue. Make sure you have tweaks like Safari or Cheome download managers so that you can open the torrent extension files in the client.

EDIT: iTransmission is the BitTorrent client from Cydia. Or you can try this older method. It works on the iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch as far as I know.

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-download-torrents-on-iphone-ipad-without-jailbreaking-tutorial/

My suggestion, torrent it through a PC, then transfer it over using SSH/rooting. It's much faster on the PC and it won't burn out your battery.

Last edited: