What's new

Using more than 100GBs per month on VZW's Network? You won't after August 31st

After l hit 4GB a 20 minute YouTube is unwatchable it will load a 2/3 minute section then comes the loading circle for maybe 10 minutes then 2/3 minutes more and so on.
As l said unwatchable. Pictures on this forum take ages to load, all this with LTE. I have about 13 days to wait before my 5GB comes back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ya. THat's been my experience when trying out an "Unlimited" data carrier here too. Once you reach your 4G paid data plan, the remainder of the month is worse than dial up.

I can't believe Verizon people still claim that Verizon doesn't throttle their unlimited people after a certain cap.

I can't believe Verizon people still claim that Verizon doesn't throttle their unlimited people after a certain cap.
I get 25-30Mps down the first of the month through the end of the month. I use anywhere from 50GB to 90GB each month. The end of last year and beginning of this year I was using well over 100GBs per month, so if they are throttling me, where's the limit?

The throttling of people after the setpoint on unlimited plans is still in all Verizon's written materials.. But my guess is they do the throttling FIRST in their most busy hubs.. I would only say ' you've been lucky'.. Unless Verizon is just super super lenient on holding to their own guidelines with regard to caps on unlimited plans.. NOW.. recently AT&T upped their limits on Unlimited to 50GB I think.. Maybe Verizon did the same.. Don't know. But you're a luck person.. to get over 100GB with no throttling. It is NOT the norm.

Not the norm even though I use it in one of the largest networks? No offense, but I'm pretty sure you are wrong with your assumption. If they were throttling, trust me, I'd be throttled.

Not the norm even though I use it in one of the largest networks? No offense, but I'm pretty sure you are wrong with your assumption. If they were throttling, trust me, I'd be throttled.
How do you explain the other examples of throttling of Verizon unlimited customers that have reported in?

How do you explain the other examples of throttling of Verizon unlimited customers that have reported in?
? What are you talking about? The purpose of this thread was to let anyone who has UDP know that they need to keep it under 100GB, otherwise they are going to lose UDP. I just went back through all the replies, and you're the only one claiming Verizon throttles their customers, which by the way, is what the FCC told them they cannot do. The throttling issue is was pushed them to get rid of UDP and move toward data plans that we have now. If I was you, I'd watch what you're saying because it's not true. Trust me. If they were throttling, I'd know. I'm a data hog and the reason they are dropping UDP from those using 100GB per month.

Verizon won't throttle speeds of customers who have hung onto unlimited data plans | FierceWireless
Verizon backs off plans to throttle unlimited data users

If anyone thinks they are being throttled, contact the FCC:
Open Internet
Open Internet

Post #16 and 17's context were about being throttled on a 5 GB plan after reaching a cap. One of those posts was yours. Did I misunderstand context?

Post #16 and 17's context were about being throttled on a 5 GB plan after reaching a cap. One of those posts was yours. Did I misunderstand context?
That wasn't VZW. That was brixtonboy's current data plan with his carrier. I don't know who his carrier is, but he's not in the US. Brixton and I got side tracked a little bit there.

I promise, if VZW was throttling, I'd know. I've been throttled and know what it looks like. I've tried many different carriers with "unlimited" data that throttles after your paid data, and it hurts, just as brixton found out this month.

That wasn't VZW. That was brixtonboy's current data plan with his carrier. I don't know who his carrier is, but he's not in the US. Brixton and I got side tracked a little bit there.

I promise, if VZW was throttling, I'd know. I've been throttled and know what it looks like. I've tried many different carriers with "unlimited" data that throttles after your paid data, and it hurts, just as brixton found out this month.
Cool. Thanks for the clarification, Scottysize. I'm still not convinced that legislation went through yet. Are you sure it was passed and it's no AGAINST THE LAW to throttle? Anyway.. It's good Verizon is not doing it.. But a bummer that they're actually get the 'equivalent' of throttling by threatening to kick over 100GB users off eventually.. I believe that's what you said.. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yup. That is their work around. Get us "abusers" off their network so the every day man can go over the data limit and pay tons of more money. ( He says as he sits here with several computers and devices hooked onto his hotspot chewing through data.)

Yup. That is their work around. Get us "abusers" off their network so the every day man can go over the data limit and pay tons of more money. ( He says as he sits here with several computers and devices hooked onto his hotspot chewing through data.)

And why again do you choose not to use wifi?

You quoted my 5GB plan maybe l should have said l am in Germany
So sorry.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Last edited:
And why again do you choose not to use wifi?
I live in the country and have no Internet options. Our phones are our Internet. Have been since we moved in in 07. Back then we had 3G hotspots, that sucked, but still worked. We only got 4G here at our house 3 or 4 years ago.