What's new

Using more than 100GBs per month on VZW's Network? You won't after August 31st

Scottysize

Reaction score
Verizon's killing me. I don't have any other alternative for Internet at my house. Geez. This applies to me as I use anywhere from 160 to over 200GBs per month.
frown.png

Verizon will disconnect its heaviest 'unlimited' data users

Considering the small percentage of users who use as much data per month as you do, they won't be saving all that much bandwidth by cutting you guys off.

It's not about us using all the bandwidth. That's their marketing ploy. It's about us not paying what everyone else is paying. I figured it out, if I was on the 100GB plan, it'd costs me $1000 in overage charges alone. My bills would average somewhere around $1500 each month with 4 lines. Since I'm currently only paying $270 each month (2 UDPs, 1 2GB plan, and 1 dumbphone), they think they are losing money. What they don't realize is, if they take away my unlimited data, I'll move over to AT&T because I have DirectTV. I'd just have to grin and bare it after I reached my 22GB per device. The only reason I have switched already is because my hotspot works on Verizon. It won't with the DirecTV AT&T UD deal.

Even in terms of revenue, they're not going to generate all that much by what they're doing. This is what you get when the bean counters are in charge. All they see is the short term benefit without considering the big picture, especially if they lose you and others as customers.

Even in terms of revenue, they're not going to generate all that much by what they're doing. This is what you get when the bean counters are in charge. All they see is the short term benefit without considering the big picture, especially if they lose you and others as customers.
Exactly. $270 per month is more than $0. They should leave me alone! :p

To me it feels like they are braking a contract themselves have created without having anything to offer they who signed up for unlimited data.
In USA it seems so popular to meet in court so should this not be a good opportunity to meet them there ;)
I would do like you and leave a company as client when they treat me like you are being treated having a contract.
Wish you best of luck in this.

Sent using Tapatalk

To me it feels like they are braking a contract themselves have created without having anything to offer they who signed up for unlimited data.
In USA it seems so popular to meet in court so should this not be a good opportunity to meet them there ;)
I would do like you and leave a company as client when they treat me like you are being treated having a contract.
Wish you best of luck in this.

Sent using Tapatalk
The problem with these types of contracts is that all the power is in the hands of the contract issuer and in the fine print it will always say that they can change any of the terms at any time. These are known as adhesion contracts, if you want to look up the term. Standard form contract - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love the line l only pay $270 a month that's a lot of money in my eyes, and they want more. These companies make me sick, obviously l don't use any where near what you do. In Germany the so called unlimited internet is so much at whatever speed and after that it slows down to
Snails pace. But you can but more, if you with a little at a time.
But it is unlimited. Until the new month starts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love the line l only pay $270 a month that's a lot of money in my eyes, and they want more. These companies make me sick, obviously l don't use any where near what you do. In Germany the so called unlimited internet is so much at whatever speed and after that it slows down to
Snails pace. But you can but more, if you with a little at a time.
But it is unlimited. Until the new month starts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's how some companies are doing it here to. After reading a little more, it's 100GB per line. I have 2 lines, so my max is 200GB. I don't reach taht each month, so I shoudl be safe for now, but this is the second step by VZW in forcing us to move off unlimited data.

With CPU speeds getting ever faster and download speeds heading in the same direction, companies like Verizon are headed in the wrong direction by wanting to increase their profit margin for data at a time when data usage is ever increasing. Some devices are so fast that they can burn through a monthly data allowance in seconds.

Not being up on all this l might be totally out of my depth, but go with me for a sec. In my flat l have no Wi-Fi. Mainly because l'm not often there, they offered me a setup, maximum 30 GB pro month full speed then super slow rubbish. Total cost was 45€. Or buy more until the new month.
From memory 5€=5GB a 45 min YouTube video used about 300 MB.
So 5GB will not last long.
This is why the numbers l saw here got me confused 100GBs wow
How much would that cost.
And just like Scottysize do to location only D-TeleKom can get to me, no Vodaphone etc.
Not that it would matter because as scifan says no doubt in the very small print somewhere it will say.

We can do want we want-when we want-and if you don't like it hard luck, mate, so there.

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

5GB last about 2 NetFlix movies. So, watch 2 movies, and then turn your phone off the rest of the month.

It's video that kills eats your data. YouTube can be cut down, if you only watch in 480, but who wants to only watch in 480?

don't have netflix just watch YouTube on my iPad.
Boring l know, just not into films. Just real old time crime.
Funny the last two days l have watched 8 x 20 minute youtubes and my usage is 2GB l have only 3 left.
Wondering what happens after [emoji722]

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.