What's new

Use volume button to take photos

rynorod32

Reaction score
Taking photos just got easier with this App. It's 2 steps though. 1st is to purchase the app ($1.99). The 2nd step is to visit another site on Safari in your iPhone to allow you to use the "Volume up" button to snap photos. Which to me is helluva lot better than touching the button on the screen and getting periodic blurry photos.

Anyways, the App is called "Camera+" from tap tap tap. Be sure you get the right one.

Then once you installed it, use the below link to enable your phone's "volume up" button to take the picture.

Enable The Camera+ Volume Shutter Button via Safari

Pretty cool. Let me know what you guys think. It definitely has replaced me using the stock version installed on the phone.

thanks for the tip. i don't understand the whole needing safari to allow you to use the volume button deal.

thanks for the tip. i don't understand the whole needing safari to allow you to use the volume button deal.

If you bought the app only, you can't use the vol+ button on the side of the phone to snap the picture.

You have to do the 2nd step on your phone (click the link on my original post) to enable it.

Stillllll, they just need to add this feature on the actual camera app

Stillllll, they just need to add this feature on the actual camera app

True. It would minimize the periodic blurry pics I take. The Camera+ App had it on the original, not having to do the 2nd step. But Apple wouldn't approve it because "...it could cause confusion to the user when using the app..." SMH

So they decided to work around that and had people who bought it go to the website and still get the volume+ button feature to take photos. I'm suprised Apple didn't pull this App like they did with that Flashlight App that allowed tethering.

I found that you need to hold the phone very steady when using the volume buttons, or the picture will be slightly blurry.

after not being able to find the app on the app store I asked Dannyboy to send me a link...turns out the app has been pulled :(

after not being able to find the app on the app store I asked Dannyboy to send me a link...turns out the app has been pulled :(

Well congrats to those who got it before they pulled it.

I found that you need to hold the phone very steady when using the volume buttons, or the picture will be slightly blurry.

Yeah it takes some getting used to. But i feel more comfortable taking pics that way compared to the stock way of taking a pic. Without having that feeling of dropping my phone.