What's new

Use of Priority Levels in Reminders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveM

Reaction score
When I set a reminder I see that there's an option for setting the priority level: None, I, II, or III. I've never used it, and I don't exactly understand how it could be useful. I'd appreciate a brief explanation of where this might be of value, and how people use it in real life situations. Thx.

I guess that answers my question. Apparently no one else has found a real use for it either.

I have used it. I have used the !!! for high priorty/immediate action reminders. It shows up on my notifications page the next day or when I have assigned a reminder to alert me.

I have used it. I have used the !!! for high priorty/immediate action reminders. It shows up on my notifications page the next day or when I have assigned a reminder to alert me.
Isn't that how any reminder works? What makes that different from selecting none, or a lower level?

Isn't that how any reminder works? What makes that different from selecting none, or a lower level?

Not for me. Reminders for me have various priorities. I have reminders for a lot of things, but not everything needs to be addressed right away. I use the "!!!" as my way to alert me of things that need action on right away. Other reminders may not have a designated alert tag.

Not for me. Reminders for me have various priorities. I have reminders for a lot of things, but not everything needs to be addressed right away. I use the "!!!" as my way to alert me of things that need action on right away. Other reminders may not have a designated alert tag.
So it's nothing more than a visual status? There's nothing else that uses it?

No...it's more of a way for me to prioritize task.
But if I understand correctly, you're saying that the way that it helps you to prioritize is simply because you can look at your reminders and see which ones have which status? The reminder app, or any other app so far as that goes, doesn't do anything special with a prioritized reminder, right? It just makes it easier for you to see which ones you've given a particular status?

But if I understand correctly, you're saying that the way that it helps you to prioritize is simply because you can look at your reminders and see which ones have which status? The reminder app, or any other app so far as that goes, doesn't do anything special with a prioritized reminder, right? It just makes it easier for you to see which ones you've given a particular status?

Why are we breaking this up so much and analyzing it to death? It works and is useful. YMMV, I guess with this reminder function.

Why are we breaking this up so much and analyzing it to death? It works and is useful. YMMV, I guess with this reminder function.
Sorry, I didn't mean to aggravate you. For some reason I don't think we're communicating so I'll just say thanks for your responses and leave it at that. Have a good one.

You would be correct. The priority indicator does not seem to do anything special with the reminder app beside giving a visual indication of priority.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iPF.net

To clarify, Dave asked this....

I guess that answers my question. Apparently no one else has found a real use for it either.

...and have posted accordingly. Some may have no use for this, but others may. Again, it's all subjective. However, to say that no one has a real use of it is not true.

Please refer to this for further info and syncing with iCloud and outlook: How to Keep Track of Tasks with Reminders in iOS 5 | Mac|Life

http://m.cultofmac.com/cultofmac/#!...our-iphone-feature,50ec9b63d7fc7b5670e02021/7

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.