What's new

Usage in Settings?

JohnPyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to check how much a full battery gets me in terms of standby and usage time. I'm trying this because I've just updated (and jailbroken) to iOS7 and I'd like to see if it's a lot worse or about the same of iOS 6 in terms of battery.

The problem is that if I keep my phone (iPhone 4s) in standby for 5 minutes (for instance) for some reason also the usage time goes up. I tried twice, once I had 14 mins usage and 22 mins standby, I kept it for 2 mins in standby and usage went up to 17 mins and standby 3 mins.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I reading the data wrong? Is there anything I can do to check usage and standby time of my phone if this doesn't work?

Thanks a lot in advance

EDIT: I was also wondering something regarding music, why if I drag some songs onto the iphone song list and then I update artist and album name when I go on my phone it reads as "Unknown Album" instead of the name I gave to the album?? Thanks everyone for help, I'll be immensely grateful if you can help me

Last edited:
Unless I am misunderstanding what you are stating...it sounds like something new is using your data. You might have to shut some things off to figure out what. It's probably a new app. Try turning off your location services briefly and see what happens

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are stating...it sounds like something new is using your data. You might have to shut some things off to figure out what. It's probably a new app. Try turning off your location services briefly and see what happens
I don't have any location service actually, when I restored to iOS 7 (since I was jailbroken iOS 6.1.2) I didn't activate any of the location services; basically the problem is that usage time goes up even while on standby so I can't determine the actual difference.

Can't determine the difference of what?

Looks like you have something running in the background. You'll just have to do some investigating to figure it out.

Could it be apps such as whatsapp that run in the background? The difference between usage time so the time I actually unlock and use the phone and standby time but they both go up even when on standby