What's new

[URGENT] Iphone power button broken, stuck in DFU mode?

wolfspy

Reaction score
I put my iphone into dfu mode using the redsn0w DFU ISPW. I then tried to downgrade it to ios 6.1.2, but it didnt work. The iphone dissapered from the itunes, and all other jailbreak tools. My power button is also broken. Help, what should I do? (it is a 3gs)

Last edited by a moderator:
Plug it into another computer and see if it's recognized. DFU devices are recognized by terminals as Recovery Mode, which will cause your terminal to search for and install the proper drivers for your device, meaning your device is detected and you can restore it.

It isnt, Im starting to think that the adaptor connector in the phone also broke, and thats why its not reconigized. :(

I would say it's stuck in WTF mode most likely. Without a computer, you can't fix this issue. The only other way that I'm aware of when it comes to fixing this with a broken power or home button, would be to drain out the battery completely, as in dry to the bone, then plugging it into a computer or outlet to have it turn on again. This generally takes days if not weeks depending on how much battery is left in your device.