What's new

URGENT - Broken Gold Pin on 3GS

iPhone1993

Reaction score
So here's the story. I recently found an iPhone 3GS, it had a cracked screen so I said I'd take the chance and fix it while learning how to fix iPhones in the process. Turns out it took more than just a screen to fix the phone, so to make things short, I was moving all of the components from one housing to another, everything went fine until I couldn't get the bezel on the new housing to seal on the backing. I realized that it was because some Gold Pin on the internal component where ribbon cables 4 and 7 are was bent over, I tried to pull it up and the top part that was bent over broke off. Not much of it broke off, just a little piece, most of the Gold Pin is intact. So what I want to know is what is the importance of that little Gold Pin, there is another one of the Gold Pins located on the Logic Board as well. Will this affect anything on the phone? If so, how would I go about replacing that piece? I wish I could provided a picture, but I'm too lazy to be honest and I searched online to no avail. Hopefully someone can help me with the little information I provided, if someone honestly needs a picture to verify anything I will be glad to take one. Thanks to everyone in advance.