What's new

Upgrading, keep my promo plan?

tymc

Reaction score
Hi, I am about to upgrade to the Verizon iPhone 4 on verizon for $99. I currently have the $15/month promotional data plan on my plan. I would like to know if i upgrade will i be able to keep that data plan? I really want the iPhone, but can't afford the higher plans and really don't need it since i am in wifi all day. Thanks!

How much data is in your plan? I'm AT&T geek, so I'm not knowledgable bout Verizon plans.

Hi, I am about to upgrade to the Verizon iPhone 4 on verizon for $99. I currently have the $15/month promotional data plan on my plan. I would like to know if i upgrade will i be able to keep that data plan? I really want the iPhone, but can't afford the higher plans and really don't need it since i am in wifi all day. Thanks!

I am going to hazard a guess and say you are on a VZW "Feature" phone and not a "Smartphone". Because VZW only did $15 a month for Feature phones. And if that is what you have, then the answer is a resounding no. They will force you to upgrade to a full data plan.

I have 150 mb on my data plan, and no i am NOT on a feature phone. I am currently using the Original droid. The 15/month data plan promotion that I took advantage of at the first of this year, and then they ended it for new customers, but they have let me keep it. I'm not sure about if it will work with the iphone

Wow, I didn't even realize they did that promo for the OG Droid. You got a HECK of a deal!

If you are not changing your plan in any way, "technically" they are not supposed to alter your signed contract when switching out phones. But there may be a loop hole that forces you to upgrade because some promos have so called "expires when changing phone" clauses.

I would be firm and very polite with them when you go to upgrade your phone. That is the best bet to keep the sales person in your corner.

I don't think you can survive on 150 mb. Initials app purchases will kill that. I used 300 in 5 days just reloading old apps.

I also think apple requires the 25 a month plan because they get 5 dollars a month for every plan. That's why the phones are 199.00.

Jlsawyer said:
I also think apple requires the 25 a month plan because they get 5 dollars a month for every plan. That's why the phones are 199.00.

Phones are 199 because apple doesn't negotiate device prices. What does it have to do with data plan?

Im not sure about your situation but I was grandfathered into the unlimited plan through verizon when I re-signed for my upgrade to the iphone so I dont see why they wouldnt do the same for your situation. If I were you and wanted to know for sure I would either call Verizon customer service or visit a Verizon corporate store if you have one near by.

Tell them ur switching to AT&T to get a rise and see if they offer you a deal?

Last edited: