What's new

Upgrade qpp but wrong apple ID (my wife's) showed up

nammi

Reaction score
Me and my wife's both have apple devices that share the same itunes on my mac .. I (accidently) installed one of my wife's game app to my device (ipod).

I updated that specific game app, but now each time i wanted to update the rest of the app on my device it ask for my wife apple ID even though the apple ID on the apps store and itunes on my ipod is using my apple ID ..

Anyway to clear my wife's apple ID from the update function ..?

(sorry i posted this ipod issue on an iphone forum as i do not know if there is an ipod forum 😊)

As long as that app is on your iPod, you'll have to use your wife's Apple ID to update it. The only way around it is to buy the app under your Apple ID. There is no switching of apps between IDs due to Apple security measures.

To update the apps under YOUR Apple ID, you'll have to log out of your wife's account (on the iPod - via Settings) and then log in with your ID.

As long as you use 2 different IDs, you'll have to keep doing the log in/log out process...

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn

As long as that app is on your iPod, you'll have to use your wife's Apple ID to update it. The only way around it is to buy the app under your Apple ID. There is no switching of apps between IDs due to Apple security measures.

To update the apps under YOUR Apple ID, you'll have to log out of your wife's account (on the iPod - via Settings) and then log in with your ID.

As long as you use 2 different IDs, you'll have to keep doing the log in/log out process...

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn

thanks marilyn .. i have log out the store app in "setting" and re enter with my own ID .. the funny thing is now some of "my" apps on the ipod that i installed using my apple ID was asking verification using "my wife" apple ID when i wanted to update .. even if the store was log on with my apple ID .. How so .. ?? .. i am annoyed with this .. suppose to be a simple log in and log out kinda thing ...

Anyway, long story short .. if "my" app was asking "my wife" apple ID when updating, i just deleted it and reinstalled using MY apple ID ..

If you are jail broken you can install an app called accountchanger via cydia. This will fix wrong apple I'd under updrading apps