What's new

upgrade from 5.1.1 to 7.1.1

DOMINATOR1975

Reaction score
High all is it safe to just click upgrade button ?

When i did this with my iphone 2g it got bricked and i still have it but it never turn on ..

Put it into DFU mode or Recovery Mode and just click the Restore button on iTunes, and it should be fine.

Put it into DFU mode or Recovery Mode and just click the Restore button on iTunes, and it should be fine.

this gives me error 3004 : /

( apple same **** different day )

Last edited:

You can't upgrade to a newer iOS version and backup to the old after install.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

this gives me error 3004 : /

( apple same **** different day )

Do you have the most recent version of iTunes installed? Oftentimes, that's a major cause of a lot of error codes.

Here is the link to Apple's support page for error codes:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3694

Take a look at it for your code and see if following Apple's recommendations helps.

Marilyn

Do you have the most recent version of iTunes installed? Oftentimes, that's a major cause of a lot of error codes.

Here is the link to Apple's support page for error codes:

Resolve specific iTunes update and restore errors

Take a look at it for your code and see if following Apple's recommendations helps.

Marilyn

i have latest version of itunes and apple recomendation does not fix anything .. but i found my host file is missing 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com and the other number that used to be there ...

edit : i add number now classic apple gives me different error 3194 :/

2bad there aint any way to restore to 5.1.1 :-/ and just click upgrade to 7.1.1

Last edited by a moderator:
i have latest version of itunes and apple recomendation does not fix anything .. but i found my host file is missing 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com[/URL] and the other number that used to be there ...

edit : i add number now classic apple gives me different error 3194 :/

2bad there aint any way to restore to 5.1.1 :-/ and just click upgrade to 7.1.1

Getting error code 3194 usually means you are trying to use an iOS version that is not signed by,Apple (not current). You have to use the most current iOS, which is iOS 7.1.1.

Marilyn

Getting error code 3194 usually means you are trying to use an iOS version that is not signed by,Apple (not current). You have to use the most current iOS, which is iOS 7.1.1.

Marilyn

thank you for help .-) yes i have n 7.1.1 , iam trying atm tinyumbrella still no luck :/

Error 3004 is a host/firewall issue. Temporarily turn off your AV/Firewall, and perform the host edit. Then clear your DNS cache. For Windows, open up CMD, and run 'ipconfig /flushdns' without the apostrophes. For Mac OS, open Terminal and run 'sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder' without the apostrophe. After editing your host file, it's best to flush your DNS cache. If you're still having issues, see if you can get your hands of a free copy of Teamviewer from their official website, and I can assist with the software portion of the restoration and see if we can troubleshoot it.

Error 3004 is a host/firewall issue. Temporarily turn off your AV/Firewall, and perform the host edit. Then clear your DNS cache. For Windows, open up CMD, and run 'ipconfig /flushdns' without the apostrophes. For Mac OS, open Terminal and run 'sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder' without the apostrophe. After editing your host file, it's best to flush your DNS cache. If you're still having issues, see if you can get your hands of a free copy of Teamviewer from their official website, and I can assist with the software portion of the restoration and see if we can troubleshoot it.

thank you kindly .) i did everything you said still got 3194 error ..

ALL FIXED NOW .) IPHONE RESTORED 7.1.1

My mistake was that i was editing host.file inside system32/drivers/etc i had to put it to desktop and edit .) and just deleted all gs.apple.com inside host file and it worked like charm ...